|Full name||Peter John M. Sloly|
|Date of birth||5 August 1966|
|Place of birth||Kingston, Jamaica|
Peter John M. Sloly, OOM (born 5 August 1966) is a former Deputy Chief of the Toronto Police Service (Divisional Policing Command and Operational Support Command 2009-2016) and was a member of the Toronto Police for 27 years. He is also a former soccer player who earned 1 cap for the Canadian national side in 1985. He attended McMaster University, and after retiring as a player became a police officer eventually rising to the position of deputy chief on 22 September 2009. In 2015, he was considered a serious candidate to succeed Bill Blair as Chief of Police but was passed over in favour of Mark Saunders.
In January 2016, Sloly gave a speech criticizing the size of the police budget as excessive, in which he said: “Until policing stops being focused and driven on that reactive enforcement model, it will continue to be exponentially costly.” His comments were criticized by the Toronto Police Association and were viewed as a criticism of Chief Saunders. On February 10, 2016 it was announced that Sloly had resigned as deputy chief and that he had approached the Police Services Board several months prior with a request that he be released from his contract, which was to have ended in December 2017.
Sloly has a Criminal Justice Certificate from the University of Virginia, Incident Command System Certification from the Justice Institute of British Columbia, a B.A. in Sociology from McMaster University and a Masters in Business Administration from York University's Schulich School of Business. He is a graduate of the FBI National Academy, the Major City Chief's Police Executive Development Program and the University of Toronto's Rotman Police Executive Leadership Program.
- Member promoted Officer of the Order of Merit of the Police Forces 
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal 
- Police Exemplary Service Medal 
- United Nations & Canadian Peacekeeping Medals  — UNMIK Kosovo
- "Toronto deputy police chief resigns in wake of speech". Globe and Mail. 10 February 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- Royson James (19 April 2015). "Mark Saunders named Toronto's next police chief". Toronto Star. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Betsy Powell; Jennifer Pagliaro (27 March 2015). "Two deputies in spotlight in search for a diverse police chief". Toronto Star. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- "Deputy chief Peter Sloly slams bloated police budget". Toronto Star. 10 February 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "Peter Sloly resigns as deputy Toronto Police chief after bombshell interview". Toronto Star. 10 February 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "Command Officers' biographies • Peter Sloly, Deputy Chief, Operational Support Command". Toronto Police Service.
- Malcolm Johnston (26 January 2015). "Deputy police chief Peter Sloly on running to succeed Bill Blair, and the first item on his agenda if he does: race". Toronto Life. Retrieved 15 November 2015.
- "The Soccer Hall of Fame and Museum • Brian Budd Award — Peter Sloly".
- "The Governor General of Canada > Honours > Find a Recipient > Peter Sloly". Governor General of Canada. Retrieved 15 November 2015.