Sohn at the 2015 Annecy International Animated Film Festival
January 23, 1977
|Occupation||Animator, film director, storyboard artist, voice actor|
|Employer||Pixar Animation Studios (2000-present)|
Peter Sohn (born January 23, 1977) is a Korean-American animator, director, voice actor, and storyboard artist at Pixar Animation Studios.
Sohn was born in The Bronx and raised in New York City. His parents were Korean immigrants. He attended CalArts and while there got a summer job working on Brad Bird's The Iron Giant. After graduating from school he worked at The Walt Disney Company and Warner Bros. before coming to Pixar. He graduated from high school in 1995.
Sohn started his career with Pixar in the art and story departments for Finding Nemo. He also worked on The Incredibles, Ratatouille and WALL-E. Sohn also performed the voice of Emile in Ratatouille. He made his directorial debut with the short film Partly Cloudy in 2009 which he also wrote. Partly Cloudy was included in the Animation Show of Shows in 2009. Sohn co-directed the English-language version of Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea in 2009 with John Lasseter and Brad Lewis.
Sohn directed The Good Dinosaur, which was released in November 2015. He also voiced the Styracosaurus character Forrest Woodbush. Sohn was set to voice the Marvel Comics character Ganke Lee in the Sony Pictures Animation film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, througth his lines were ultimately deleted from the final film.
Sohn is married to artist Anna Chambers, whom he met at CalArts.
- The Iron Giant (1999): Additional Animator, Rough Inbetweener
- Osmosis Jones (2001): Animator
- Finding Nemo (2003): Story Artist, Production Artist
- The Incredibles (2004): Story Artist, Production Artist, Animator, additional voices
- One Man Band (2005): Production Art
- Ratatouille (2007): Story Artist, Animator, voice of Emile
- Your Friend the Rat (2007): voice of Emile
- WALL-E (2008): Story Artist
- Cars Toons (2008): Additional Voices ("Tokyo Mater")
- Ponyo (2009): Director (U.S. Production)
- Up (2009): Storyboard Artist
- Partly Cloudy (2009): Director, Writer
- George & A.J. (2009): Voice of Russell
- Toy Story 3 (2010): Additional Production Artist
- Small Fry (2011): Voice of Recycle Ben
- Monsters University (2013): Voice of Scott "Squishy" Squibbles
- Party Central (2014): Voice of Scott "Squishy" Squibbles
- The Good Dinosaur (2015): Director, voice of Forrest Woodbush
- Borrowed Time (2016): Special thanks
- Purl (2019): Special thanks
- Kitbull (2019): Rosana Sullivan's story trust
- Truitt, Brian (September 14, 2015). "TIFF: 'Good Dinosaur' stars friends, frontier". USA Today. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
...says Sohn, 38.
- Corrado, E. (November 4, 2009). "Q & A with Pixar's Ronnie del Carmen and Pete Sohn - Part 1". One Movie, Five Views Archive. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- Murray, Rebecca. "'Ponyo' Movie Credits". About.com. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- Lee, Patrick (March 2, 2009). "Up director Pete Docter on talking dogs, youth scouts and adventure". Blastr. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- Keegan, Rebecca (September 18, 2013). "'The Good Dinosaur' moved to 2015, leaving Pixar with no 2014 film". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- Sciretta, Peter (February 26, 2019). "Pixar Director Pete Sohn Originally Voiced Ganke in 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse'". /Film. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Robertson, Barbara (April 9, 2009). "Peter Sohn". CGSociety. p. 2. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
Sohn’s wife Anna Chambers, who he met at CalArts, is also an artist, and both create artwork at home.
- Rizvi, Samad (February 12, 2013). "New 'Monsters University' Characters Revealed, Sean Hayes and Charlie Day Join Cast". Pixar Times. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- "Just Released: First Look at Party Central Short". Disney Insider. January 7, 2014. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Dickey, Josh (April 24, 2012). "Pixar announces Latin-themed feature". Variety. Retrieved April 25, 2012.
- Amidi, Amid (October 22, 2014). "Peter Sohn Named New Director of Pixar's 'The Good Dinosaur'". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- "Upcoming". Pixar. Archived from the original on March 13, 2017. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- Dougherty, Robert (October 12, 2015). "'The Good Dinosaur' Characters Receive Profiles". themovienetwork.com. Retrieved October 12, 2015.