George Leonard Sanford III|
April 11, 1939
July 20, 2007 (aged 68)|
Santa Cruz, California
|Alma mater||University of Washington|
|Notable works||Psychedelics Encyclopedia|
Peter Stafford (April 11, 1939 – July 20, 2007) was an American writer and author of the Psychedelics Encyclopedia. Stafford is also co-author with Bonnie Golightly of LSD: The Problem-solving Psychedelic, as well as other books on psychedelics.
In 1974, Stafford moved to Santa Cruz, California, with the intention of reconnecting with his father, whom he had not seen since early childhood.
Stafford died on July 20, 2007, in Santa Cruz, apparently from a complete heart block and injuries sustained falling from a ladder in his home.
- (with B. H. Golightly) LSD: The Problem-solving Psychedelic (1967) — also called LSD In Action (1969)
- Psychedelic Baby Reaches Puberty (1971).
- Psychedelic Encyclopedia (And/Or Press, 1977). ISBN 0-914171-51-8 — republished in 1993 by Ronin Publishing ISBN 978-0-914171-51-5
- Magic Mushrooms (Ronin Publishing, 2003) ISBN 978-0914171195
- Psychedelics (Ronin Publishing, 2003). ISBN 0-914171-18-6
- LSD: The Problem-Solving Psychedelic - Drug Library
- Psychedelics Encyclopedia - Erowid reviews
- Peter Stafford Papers (ca. 1960-1971)- Columbia University Libraries
- Psychedelics 101 - Stafford's website at the Wayback Machine (archived October 27, 2009)
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|