|Born||George Leonard Sanford III|
|Died||July 20, 2007 (aged 68)|
Santa Cruz, California
|Alma mater||University of Washington|
|Notable works||Psychedelics Encyclopedia|
Peter Stafford (1941 – July 20, 2007) was an American writer and author of the Psychedelics Encyclopedia. Stafford is also co-author with Bonnie Golightly of LSD: The Problem-solving Psychedelic, as well as other books on psychedelics.
In 1974, Stafford moved to Santa Cruz, California, with the intention of reconnecting with his father, whom he had not seen since early childhood.
- (with B. H. Golightly) LSD: The Problem-solving Psychedelic (1967) — also called LSD In Action (1969)
- Psychedelic Baby Reaches Puberty (1971).
- Psychedelic Encyclopedia (And/Or Press, 1977). ISBN 0-914171-51-8 — republished in 1993 by Ronin Publishing ISBN 978-0-914171-51-5
- Magic Mushrooms (Ronin Publishing, 2003) ISBN 978-0914171195
- Psychedelics (Ronin Publishing, 2003). ISBN 0-914171-18-6
- Frauenfelder, Mark (2007-07-20). "RIP Peter Stafford". Boing Boing. Retrieved 2021-03-11.
- Eisner, Bruce. "Peter Stafford," Archived 2007-08-24 at the Wayback Machine BruceEisner.com (July 2007).
- "Peter Stafford '60". Reed Magazine | In Memoriam. Retrieved 2021-03-11.
- "Psychedelic Baby Reaches Puberty," The Vaults of Erowid. Accessed Jan. 18, 2017.
- LSD: The Problem-Solving Psychedelic - Drug Library
- Psychedelics Encyclopedia - Erowid reviews
- Peter Stafford Papers (ca. 1960-1971)- Columbia University Libraries
- Psychedelics 101 - Stafford's website at the Wayback Machine (archived October 27, 2009)