Peter Robert Voser|
29 August 1958
|Alma mater||Zurich University of Applied Sciences|
|Title||Chairman of ABB|
|Board member of||Roche Holding AG|
Peter Robert Voser (born 29 August 1958) is a Swiss businessman. He served as the CEO of Royal Dutch Shell plc from July 2009 to December 2013. He started his career at Royal Dutch Shell in 1982, working in a number of finance and business roles in different countries. Between 2002 and 2005 he served as chief financial officer for ABB. In 2004, he was appointed Shell’s chief financial officer (CFO) and then CEO in July 2009. In April 2015, he was elected as chairman of ABB's board of directors.
In 1982, at age 24, Voser joined Shell and held a variety of finance and business roles in Switzerland, the UK, Argentina and Chile, as well as chief financial officer of Oil Products.
From 2002 to 2004, Voser was CFO and an executive committee member of the Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) Group of Companies. Voser is active in a number of international and bilateral organisations, including the European Round Table of Industrialists and The Business Council.
In 2010, he became a director of Catalyst, a non-profit organisation working to build inclusive environments and expand opportunities for women at work.
In 2011, he joined the board of directors of leading Swiss healthcare research company Roche.
On 2 May 2013, it was announced that Voser would retire from the company in the first half of 2014.
On 30 April 2015, Voser was elected as chairman of the board of directors of ABB.
Voser is married to Daniela and has three children. Since September 2013 he has been serving in the position of the chairman of the St. Gallen Foundation for International Studies, replacing Josef Ackermann.
In July 2011, His Majesty the Sultan of Brunei awarded Voser the title of Dato Seri Laila Jasa in recognition of his services to Brunei.
Royal Dutch Shell paid former chief executive Peter Voser £22m in his last years 2012–2013 through share awards and other performance-related bonuses while the company failed to perform well. Voser was responsible for the controversial projects of the US oil shale lands, the Niger Delta and the Arctic oil exploration.
- "Peter R. Voser: Executive proflie and biography". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "ROYAL DUT ADR'B' : ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC - CEO Peter Voser to retire in 2014". 4 Traders. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "IBM Elects Two New Members to Its Board of Directors". marketwatch. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- Forshaw, Stephen. "Temasek Appoints Three More Board Members". Temasek Holdings. Temasek Holdings. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- Peter Voser biography at Shell.com Archived 30 July 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- International Students’ Committee, Changes in the Board of Trustees[permanent dead link], retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Former Shell chief paid £22m over two years despite profit warning Annual report reveals how Peter Voser made enormous gains through share awards and other performance-related bonuses, The Guardian 13 March 2014
- European Round Table of Industrialists - Members
- Catalyst: Boards
- Roche announces change in Board of Directors
- Peter Voser entry on Roche Board of Directors
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Voser.|
- Meet Shell’s new CEO- Fortune magazine interview (8 Jul 2009)
- Delivering energy through innovation - interview (10 Jan 2011)
- Shell CEO keeps foot on accelerator - interview (14 Jun 2010)
- I’m open to critics but I have a business to run - interview (2 May 2013)
Jeroen van der Veer
| Chief Executive Officer of Royal Dutch Shell
Ben van Beurden