|Born||1960 (age 58–59)|
Girl with a Pearl Earring, starring Scarlett Johansson and Colin Firth, marked Webber's feature film debut. The film has received numerous accolades, including three Academy Award nominations, two Golden Globe nominations, and 10 BAFTA Award nominations.
Dino De Laurentiis tapped Webber to direct Hannibal Rising. Based on Thomas Harris' book of the same name, and starring Gaspard Ulliel, Gong Li and Rhys Ifans, this prequel depicts a young Hannibal Lecter as he gradually becomes a serial killer.
In 2019, Webber will direct a psychological horror film entitled Fremason for Lionsgate.
He directed Simon Russell Beale as Franz Schubert and explored the counter-culture of tunnel-dwelling road protesters in Underground. His 2001 Channel 4 miniseries Men Only stirred controversy for its frank and shocking portrayal of the dark side of male sexuality. It is notable for giving early leads to Stephen Moyer of True Blood and Martin Freeman of The Hobbit.
An award-winning documentary director, Webber directed several programmes for Channel 4 about classical music including child prodigies, maestros and composers such as Richard Wagner. He also directed several popular science documentaries about a range of subjects including crash test dummies, deep sea life and phantom limbs.
Webber moved to Qatar in 2008 where he took up the post of Creative Director at Qatar National Day for two years. During this time he developed their film programme. While in Qatar he also executive produced several documentary films including Sarajevo Film Festival winner For the Love of Books, which was also the recipient of a Grierson Award in 2012 for Best Historical Documentary.
- The Stretford Wives (2001)
- Girl with a Pearl Earring (2003)
- Hannibal Rising (2007)
- Emperor (2012)
- Earth: One Amazing Day (2017)
- Pickpockets: maestros del robo (2018)
- Inna de Yard: The Soul of Jamaica (2019)
- The Temptation of Franz Schubert (1997)
- Underground (1999)
- Men Only (2001)
- Six Feet Under (2004, TV episode "The Dare")
- Tutankhamun (2016)
- "Peter Webber". AlloCiné. Retrieved June 16, 2016.
- Leo Barraclough (October 21, 2015). "BBC, China's SMG to Co-Produce 'Earth,' Release 'Sherlock' in Chinese Theaters". variety.com. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- Laura Ospina (April 13, 2018). "'Pickpockets': una película dedicada a Bogotá". arcadia.com. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- Juliana Abaúnza (April 5, 2018). ""Pickpockets": llega a cines el chalequeo bogotano en versión Hollywood". shock.co. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- Santiago Andrade (April 12, 2018). "'Pickpockets', otra mirada al cine colombiano". rollingstone.com.co. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- Marcela Vargas (April 10, 2018). "Fábula de carteristas en Bogotá". gatopardo.com. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- McCahill, Mike (30 August 2019). "Inna de Yard review – a poignant tale of resistance, resilience and reggae". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-08-31 – via www.theguardian.com.