Peter Wilfahrt, Author, Entrepreneur, Digital Native
September 18, 1986
Neustadt, Bavaria, Germany.
|Occupation||Writer, author, entrepreneur, public speaker|
|Alma mater||University of Bayreuth|
|Genre||Digital security, Computer security, Computer science, Information technology, Digital nomad|
Peter Wilfahrt (born September 18, 1986, in Bavaria) is a German author, entrepreneur, self-proclaimed "digital native". He is also notable in the IT security industry and has been active there for over 15 years in addition to being a co-founder of various start-up companies. He has been noted for his initiatives for the chamber of commerce for Upper Franconia in the field of digitization and IT security. Most notably, he spearheaded the topics of IT security and sensitized companies and represented the chamber of commerce for Upper Franconia in nationwide committees and working groups.
Wilfahrt grew up in Weiden, Bavaria and graduated from Kepler Gymnasium. He received a degree in Computer science from the University of Bayreuth. After graduation, Wilfahrt worked in data management of a big German bank and later for Europes biggest transmission system operator.
Wilfahrt founded his first businesses during his studies and worked in several positions in different industries (banking, infrastructure, federal). Through his dedicated work, he helped establish the chamber of commerce in digitization and IT security as a trendsetter and has also made a name for himself in founding and managing the innovative Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) Upper Franconia. At the same time, Mr. Wilfahrt had a keen sense of entrepreneurial issues, especially with regard to IT security. His strong communicative abilities helped him convincingly familiarize the companies with the topics, for example during specialist lectures and keynotes.
Starting his for the nation near chamber of commerce Wilfahrt was nominated to the committee of experts of the CSU. He co-lead the department of the digitization and spoke for mid-sized enterprises.
Peter Wilfahrt sold his latest innovative process engineering startup through a leveraged buyout in 2018. After that he switched industries and joined Diono as Chief Digital Officer.  Peter currently oversees the digital department for Diono. He often seeks out the latest trends in the digital commerce and has a think outside of the box approach with big goals.
|“||Diono is an amazing brand with a global appeal. I am looking forward to taking our #madeofseattle brand around the world and introducing new parents like myself to our innovative and safe products.||”|
|— Peter Wilfahrt|
Cracking eCommerce for fun and profit
According to the book, in order to defend yourself against hackers, you have to think like one. In all other cases, the attacker is one step ahead of you. When it comes to eCommerce, it's very crucial to always be on step ahead of your attacker. This is first done by protecting yourself by attacking your own site. If you are successful, then you know how to protect yourself from these kind of attacks. In his book, Mr. Wilfahrt shows the view of attackers on ecommerce offers with all different attack techniques and pitfalls. Mr. Wilfahrt also discusses how to self-defend. This book is meant to be a compendium for people who do not read compendiums. It's a compilation of all the key attack scenarios, fundamentals and defenses that are needed on the internet today. The Internet and browsers have become the most important applications on the computer and on "smart" devices. Therefore, the need to understand the risks behind it are required to protect from breaches. Currently, the book is only available in paperback and the German language format. An English version to yet to be determined.
Created as the "admin's best friend", Incident Logbook focuses on the fact that information security can only succeed in companies if it is learned from successful (cyber) attacks and if the organization of IT security adapts to it. The 3Be system (Reporting, Editing, and Fixing) enables comprehensive information security management (ISMS) and makes the IT infrastructure more resilient to attack. The idea of the Cyber Incident Report or Logbook was taken from the aviation and health care institutions. Critical events are reported anonymously in a CIRS to improve the situation. An administrator or IT officer can log and document information on incidents offline so that the connections and incidents yield an overall picture. Currently, the book is only available in paperback and the German language format. An English version to yet to be determined. 
Chasing Digital Excellence
Whether you're a small to medium business owner or a C level executive, Chasing Digital Excellence is a self-help guide on running a digital first business. The book teaches you digital strategies to grow your business and outperform the competition without big budgets or hiring third party agencies. The book also guides you by showing you the appropriate steps on starting, structuring and executing your digital first business. Chasing Digital Excellence is available for purchase on Amazon.
- "Amazon Author Page Peter Wilfahrt". Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "Raubrittertum 4.0". www.bayerische-staatszeitung.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Oberfränkischer Schulanzeiger: Amtlicher Schulanzeiger für den Regierungsbezirk Oberfranken" (PDF).
- "Verstärkte Cyberangriffe aus dem Osten – Nordbayerischer Kurier". Nordbayerischer Kurier. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Lightning fast data plotting and graphics with JSXGraph". av.tib.eu. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "The Bayreuth Phytometer – A common metric for community ecology" (PDF).
- "IGZ Bamberg". igzbamberg.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "AGI-EV – Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht bauen die einen Schutzmauern, die anderen Windmühlen". www.agi-ev.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "IHK für Oberfranken Bayreuth – Presse". www.bayreuth.ihk.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Visionen von Bamberg 2050 entwickelt". Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "IHK-Digitalisierungs-Check gibt Aufschluss über den Digitalisierungsgrad der Wirtschaft". November 9, 2016. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "BFM BERICHT: Jahresbericht des Betriebswirtschaftlichen Forschungszentrums für Fragen der mittelständischen Wirtschaft e. V. an der Universität Bayreuth" (PDF).
- "SVG Open 2010 – Conference Speakers". www.svgopen.org. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "BSI – Termine der Allianz für Cyber-Sicherheit – 9. Cyber-Sicherheits-Tag". www.bsi.bund.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "CYSPA". www.cyspa.eu. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Prüfer – machen Unter- nehmen fit für die Zukunft". doczz.nl. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- GmbH, ProComp Professional Computer. "Die AGI lädt zum IHK Digitalisierungs-Check ein! ProComp ist mit dabei!". procomp.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "CSU Mittelstands-Union committee of experts". Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "Zwei Studenten entwickeln Online-Kauf für den guten Zweck – Nordbayerischer Kurier". Nordbayerischer Kurier. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "The Electronic Journal of Mathematics & Technology". www.radford.edu. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "MU-Fachgespräch Digitalisierung IT-Sicherheit – CSU". www.csu.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Hand in Hand – IHK für Oberfranken Bayreuth". doczz.net. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Arbeitswelt 4.0: Führen und arbeiten in digitalen Zeiten – BDS Oberfranken". www.bds-oberfranken.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "DLD Conference Speaker: Peter Wilfahrt". www.dld-conference.com. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- "Diono Announces Senior Executive Appointments". www.diono.com. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
- "Tafel Germany Initiative Transparent Civil Society". Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "Tipps direkt von der Ausbildungsmesse – Nordbayerischer Kurier". Nordbayerischer Kurier. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Security Bilanz Deutschland". www.security-bilanz.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Tools und Anwendungen mit der ZEIT ONLINE Api – Dev-Blog". December 10, 2012. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "IHK bietet Digitalisierungs-Check – Bayreuther Sonntagszeitung". November 9, 2016. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- www.flame.de, flame.design – Holler & Hofmann GbR. "Landratsamt Forchheim – Informationsveranstaltung Datensicherheit im Internet". landkreis-forchheim.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Peter Wilfahrt – Google Scholar Citations". scholar.google.com. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Chemnitzer Linux-Tag 2004". chemnitzer.linux-tage.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "ready for innovation (Petersaurach) – Aussteller – CEBIT 2017". www.cebit2017.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Veranstaltung". www.nik-nbg.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "White Hacker (IHK), IHK-Zertifikatslehrgang". www.ihk-lernen.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Über uns – CSU". www.csu.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- Online-Büro, Stadt Nürnberg/. "Referent/innen Schuljahr 2017/18 – Institut für Pädagogik und Schulpsychologie Nürnberg – IPSN". www.nuernberg.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 9, 2017. Retrieved 2018-02-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- www.flame.de, flame.design – Holler & Hofmann GbR. "Landratsamt Forchheim – Informationsveranstaltung zum "Digitalbonus Bayern"". www.lra-fo.de. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- matiedemann. "Digitalisierungscheck der IHK für Oberfranken Bayreuth". standortportal.bayern. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- Magazine, Csu. "IT-Sicherheit". CSU Magazin. Retrieved February 26, 2018.