Peter Wilson (record producer)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Associated acts||The Style Council, Sham 69|
Wilson is a graduate of Surrey University where he studied under the Tonmeister music course. His industrial placement while on the Tonmeister course was with AIR Studios where he was assigned the role of Tape Operator for six months.
After leaving Surrey University he started to work as an engineer at Polydor Studios, working with Brian Eno, Neil Sedaka and Peggy Lee. After five years with Polydor, Wilson decided to set up a freelance operation.
The first work that established his career was his production of "Angels With Dirty Faces" by Sham 69. He went on to produce singles including "Hurry Up Harry" and "If the Kids Are United" and four albums by Sham 69 and it was during this period that he also produced The Passions and four albums with The Comsat Angels. It was at Polydor that Wilson first worked with Paul Weller (then still with The Jam) on some demos which in turn led to Wilson producing the last Jam studio album The Gift, and several singles including "Town Called Malice". He continued to work with Paul Weller with The Style Council, co-producing three studio albums and hits such as "Speak Like A Child", "Long Hot Summer" and "My Ever Changing Moods".
Wilson is now the head of music technology at Richmond upon Thames College.
- The Style Council - Introducing The Style Council
- The Style Council - Café Bleu
- The Style Council - Our Favourite Shop
- Sham 69 - Tell Us The Truth
- Sham 69 - That's Life
- Sham 69 - The Adventures Of The Hersham Boys
- Sham 69 - The Game
- Fiction Factory - Throw the Warped Wheel Out
- The Comsat Angels - Waiting for a Miracle
- The Comsat Angels - Sleep No More
- The Comsat Angels - Fiction
- The Jam - The Gift
- The Jam - Dig The New Breed
- The Cockney Rejects - Greatest Hits Vol. 1
- The Blow Monkeys - Limping for a Generation
- The Blow Monkeys - Animal Magic
- The Passions - "I'm in Love with a German Film Star"
- Fiction Factory - "(Feels_Like) Heaven"
- Fiction Factory - "Ghost Of Love"
- The Jam - "Funeral Pyre"
- The Jam - "Absolute Beginners"
- The Jam - "Town Called Malice"
- The Jam - "Beat Surrender"
- Home Studio Recording (UK) p.28 (June 1984, Vol. 1, Issue 9)
- "Jam, The - Town Called Malice / Precious (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- "Animal Magic - The Blow Monkeys | Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- "Peter Wilson | Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
NB. The credits listed are for more than one 'Peter Wilson' : Caution is advised as to its wider useage