Location of Peto in Yucatán
|• Type||PRI 2007-2010|
|• Municipal President||Jose Vicente Dominguez Canto|
|• Total||3,136 km2 (1,211 sq mi)|
|Elevation||35 m (115 ft)|
|Population (2005 )|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central Standard Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (Central Daylight Time)|
|Major Airport||Merida (Manuel Crescencio Rejón) International Airport|
Peto Municipality is one of 106 municipalities in Yucatán State, Mexico. It has a municipal seat of the same name and is located in the centre-south portion of the Yucatán, 135 km to the south-east of state capital Mérida.
The municipality is made up of 74 communities, the most important include the following:
- Peto (Municipal Seat)
- City population (2005): 18,177
- City Founded: 1549
- Annual fairs: 29 April to 3 May; 26 December to 2 January
- Media: XEPET-AM, a government-run indigenous community radio station.
- "Nuestros municipios - Peto". Archived from the original on 1 December 2009. Retrieved 12 November 2009.
- "Encyclopedia of the Municipalities of Mexico: Yucatan". Archived from the original on 20 November 2008. Retrieved 1 November 2009.
- Census Results by Locality, 2005 Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. INEGI.