14 April 1972 |
Christchurch, New Zealand
|Occupation||Actress, Television presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Hamish Wilson (2000-present) 3 children|
Bagust grew up in Christchurch and attended University of Canterbury, where she completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1995. She began her television career at local TV station Cry TV, She later co-hosted youth TV series Ice TV, its sequel Ice As, and later a wide range of programming include travel shows, real estate shows, and game shows. She was also a regular host of the annual event Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park.
In 2008 she hosted New Zealand program What's Really In Our Food?, broadcast on TV3. Future seasons of this show would see Bagust nominated for the Qantas Media Award for Best Presenter in 2009 and 2010. At the same time, she hosted a weekly radio programme with Pat Brittenden on Newstalk ZB.
Bagust married freelance cameraman Hamish Wilson in 2000; the couple have three children. Bagust's departure from morning television was explained as wanting to spend more time with her family.
She is a Christian.
- "Petra Bagust: I've learned my lessons". New Zealand Woman's Weekly. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Petra Bagust - presenter extraordinaire". NZ On Screen. Retrieved 16 July 2013..
- "Petra Bagust". LinkedIn. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "TVNZ announces new hosts for Breakfast". The Spy Report. Media Spy. 18 December 2010. Retrieved 18 December 2010.
- "Why Petra Bagust quit Breakfast on live TV". The New Zealand Herald. 24 October 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "New taste for Breakfast". The Diary. The New Zealand Herald. 30 November 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Cleave, Louisa (c. 1998). "TV: Petra gets a home life". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 24 April 2012.