December 1988 (age 26)
Westminster, London, England
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, US|
|Occupation||Heiress, model, fashion designer, socialite|
|Height||5'8" (1.73 m)|
|Spouse(s)||James Stunt (m. 2011)|
|Relatives||Tamara Ecclestone (sister)|
Petra Stunt (née Ecclestone; born 17 December 1988) is a British-born heiress, model, fashion designer and socialite.
Stunt was born in London as the younger daughter of Croatian former Armani model Slavica and English Formula One billionaire Bernie Ecclestone. She has an older sister, Tamara Jane, and an older paternal half-sister, Deborah.
She attended Trevor-Roberts School, then Francis Holland School, a girls' school, in London. She reportedly won a place at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, but never took up the offer.
She contracted viral meningitis at the age of 14, and told the media that it "changed her life forever". She said "I no longer take my health for granted ... I’m now a health freak and a hypochondriac. I’m obsessed with cleanliness, I eat healthily and take my vitamins." She has since become an ambassador for the Meningitis Trust.
At the age of 19, she created the menswear label FORM, which was sold into retailers including Harrods from October 2008. In April 2009 it was announced that Petra had signed a contract with the Croatian clothing manufacturer Siscia. After she reportedly grew "tired of the grind of having to oversee the range", Form collapsed into administration 14 months after start-up, before being liquidated.
She launched an accessories line called Stark in September 2011.
Petra dated billionaire James Stunt for four years before they married on 27 August 2011 at Odescalchi Castle, near Rome. The wedding reportedly cost £12 million and the bride's Vera Wang dress £80,000. The couple signed a pre-nuptial agreement before their wedding. In February 2013, Petra gave birth to the couple's first child, Lavinia, in the UK. In April 2015 it was reported that Petra gave birth to twin boys, named James Robert Fredrick Stunt Jr and Andrew Kulbir Stunt. The couple describe themselves as "virtually teetotal".
In July 2011 she purchased The Manor, in the Holmby Hills neighbourhood of Los Angeles, for $85 million, with $82.4 million borrowed from her mother. It had been on the market for two years with an asking price of $150 million, making it the most expensive residential real estate listing in the US. The 57,000-square-foot (5,300 m2) mansion was the former home of Aaron and Candy Spelling, and is the largest residence in Los Angeles County. According to a 2012 article in the Wall Street Journal, Stunt had first viewed several other properties, including a 36,000-square-feet property on Sunset Boulevard, priced at $49.5million. The real estate broker Rick Hilton said: "I showed her several properties but they weren’t grand enough." In 2014, Petra put The Manor back on the market with a price tag of $150 million. Stunt also owns a property in Chelsea that she bought in 2010 for $90 million. The owner of the construction company that worked on the building, Sayed Bukhari, said in the Wall Street Journal article that she had already been offered more than $125 million for the four-storey home.
She speaks Croatian fluently and understands French and Italian.
- "My secret life: Petra Ecclestone, fashion designer", The Independent; retrieved 18 June 2011.
- "Driving force: Petra Ecclestone". London Evening Standard. 8 October 2009. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Boshoff, Alison (18 June 2011). "Petra Ecclestone, the girl whose full-time job is spending Daddy's billions". Daily Mail (London, UK). Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- "Petra Ecclestone: I wanted to die: Turning point: when Petra Ecclestone contracted viral meningitis at the age of 14 it changed her life forever" by Julie Cross, The Times, 30 March 2010; retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Vernon, Polly (7 June 2009). "Petra Ecclestone, the heiress who works for a living". The Guardian (London).
- "Siscia Will Produce Clothing by Petra Ecclestone". Javno. 20 April 2009. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Thompson, Jody (25 January 2011). "'I keep my eveningwear in the dressing room next door': Petra Ecclestone attempts to defend her privileged lifestyle... but doesn't do very well". Daily Mail (London, UK).
- Billionairess Petra Ecclestone's accessories line Stark to launch at New York Fashion Week http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2033211/Billionairess-Petra-Ecclestones-accessories-line-Stark-launch-New-York-Fashion-Week.html
- "Business Rich"; accessed 7 April 2014.
- "£12m wedding was worth every penny", Daily Mail; retrieved 22 November 2011.
- "It's Official! Candy Spelling's Closing Price: $85 Million", AOL Real Estate, 14 July 2011; retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "It's not just daddy who's got a healthy bank balance ... Petra Ecclestone borrows a cool $82.4 million from her mummy", Daily Mail; retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Candy Spelling's Holmby Hills mansion listed for $150 million", Los Angeles Times; retrieved 18 June 2011.
- Jackson, Candace (18 May 2012). "The New First Family Of Real Estate". The Wall Street Journal (New York).
- Perry, Tasmina (12 October 2008). " Christmas". The Daily Telegraph (London).