|Member of the European Parliament
14 July 2009
June 1, 1966 |
|Political party||Social Democratic Party of Germany / Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats|
|Alma mater||University of Duisburg, Duisburg|
Education and professional experience
Following her Abitur in Düsseldorf in 1985, Kammerevert studied sociology and political science at the University of Duisburg, graduating with a degree in Social Sciences. Between 1992 and 2002, she worked as a scientific adviser to a Member of the European Parliament, spending the first eighteen months in Brussels and the remainder in Düsseldorf. From 2002-2009 she worked as a consultant for the ARD public service broadcasting company.
Kammerevert joined the Social Democratic Party of Germany in 1984 and initially participated as a board member of the Young Socialists in the SPD's Lower Rhine regional group between 1987 and 1990. In 1992 she assumed the chair of the Young Socialists in the SPD Düsseldorf, an office which she retained until 1995. Since 1997, she has been a member of the executive committee of the SPD Düsseldorf. Between 1999 and 2009, she was a member of the municipal council of Düsseldorf. Since 2004, she has also been a member of the executive committee of the SPD Lower Rhine region.
In the 2009 European Parliament election she was elected to the European Parliament as a Member of the Social Democratic Party of Germany for North Rhine-Westphalia. As such, she sits in the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats parliamentary group. Her "constituency" comprises Düsseldorf, Krefeld, Mettmann, Mönchengladbach, Neuss, Remscheid, Solingen and Wuppertal.
Member of the European Parliament
In the European Parliament, she works as a member of the Committee on Culture and Education, which is also responsible for media, information, youth and sports policy, and as a substitute member of the Committee on Transport and Tourism. She is also a Member of the EU-Croatia Joint Parliamentary Committee.
Since December 2009, Petra Kammerevert has been a member of the WDR's broadcasting council and chair of the programming committee. She is also a member of the executive committee of the SPD's commission on media.
- "Petra KAMMEREVERT". European Parliament. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- "Experts - European Music Council (EMC), Conseil Européen de la Musique (CEM), Europäischer Musikrat (EMR), Consejo europeo de la música (CEM)". Emc-imc.org. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Biographie/Biographic Petra Kammerevert - Petra Kammerevert - Mitglied des Europäischen Parlaments". Kammerevert.eu. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "Wahlen: 18 Abgeordnete aus NRW fürs Europaparlament gewählt". Koeln-bonn.business-on.de. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Kammerevert Petra". Socialistsanddemocrats.eu. 1966-06-01. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Kammerevert, Petra. - European Parliamentary Yearbook". Euparliament.eu. 1966-06-01. Retrieved 2011-07-19.
- "WDR-Rundfunkrat: Zweite stellvertretende Vorsitzende gewählt 18.12.2009 - WDR Presselounge". Wdr.de. 2009-12-18. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Rundfunkrat - Unternehmen WDR". Wdr.de. Retrieved 2011-07-19.