Němcová in 2012
June 24, 1979
Karviná, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic)
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Manager||Jonathan Sanders & CoONE Model Management (New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Paris, Milan); Unique One, Mikas, View Management|
She has featured in campaigns for: Benetton, Bulgari, Cartier, Clarins, Cortefiel, Dirk Bikkembergs, Fortunoff, Graff, Hewlett Packard/Intel, HS, Intimissimi, John Lewis, Lancaster, La Perla, La Senza, Maidenform, Max Factor, Pantene Pro-V, Passport, Playtex, Rampage, Schwarzkopf, Victoria's Secret, and Wild Orchid. Additionally, she has appeared on the covers of Madame Figaro, Elle, Shape, Cosmopolitan, Flare, Vegas, Glamour, FHM and Sports Illustrated.
In 2000-2004 she worked for designers Lolita Lempicka, Gai Mattiolo Erreuno, Matthew Williamson, Custo Barceloa, Blunauta, Dirk Bikkembergs, Gugliemo Cappone, Luciano soprani, Marina Babini, Yumi Katsura, Akadius, and Michino Koshino.
Němcová gained attention outside the fashion industry after featuring on the cover of the 2003 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, from a shoot in Barbados by Walter Iooss. She also appeared in the 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 editions. She was the object/subject of Joanne Gair's body painting work. In January 2015 Němcová replaced Abbey Clancy as the face of Ultimo underwear.
In 2001 Němcová appeared on British television series Absolutely Fabulous. On 3 June 2004, she was one of the telecast judges during the 53rd annual Miss Universe competition in Quito, Ecuador. In 2007, she was the host of TLC's A Model Life. On 7 July 2007 she was a presenter at the American leg of Live Earth.
In 2005 Němcová published her autobiography Love Always, Petra (ISBN 0446579130).
Němcová is multilingual and speaks Czech, Slovak, Polish, English, French, and Italian. She was briefly engaged to English actor Jamie Belman. In May 2014, Němcová told People that she is dating the former Prime Minister of Haiti, Laurent Lamothe. but as of 2015 they are no longer together.
2004 Boxing Day Tsunami
On December 26, 2004 Němcová was in Khao Lak, Thailand with her main photographer and then fiancé Simon Atlee when the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and subsequent tsunami struck. Atlee drowned and Němcová suffered a broken pelvis and serious internal injuries, but she managed to hold on to a palm tree for eight hours until she was rescued by Thai civilians and airlifted to an inland hospital nearby.
- "Petra Nemcova". The FMD - FashionModelDirectory.com.
- "SI Swimsuit Collection: Petra Nemcova". Time Inc. Retrieved 18 February 2008.
- Ultimo. "Petra Nemcova for Ultimo photos are out, and more news". SI.com.
- "Petra Nemcova". IMDb.
- Derschowitz, Jessica (2 March 2011). ""Dancing with the Stars" pairs revealed". CBS News.
- "'Dancing with the Stars' twelfth-season partner pairings announced". Reality TV World.
- Bull, Sarah (7 January 2011). "Petra Nemcova engaged to British actor Jamie Belman after whirlwind eight-month romance". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 7 January 2011.
- "Petra Nemcova and Jamie Belman Call Off Engagement". People. 11 April 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "Petra Nemcova: I'm 'Very Happy' Dating Laurent Lamothe".
- Sontag, Deborah (29 May 2015). "An Award for Bill Clinton Came With $500,000 for His Foundation". Newspaper. The New York Times. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "2004 Tsunami: Petra Nemcova, the supermodel who survived the Boxing Day tragedy" Retrieved 11 June 2015
- "Nemcova hospitalized with hip, internal injuries". ESPN. 29 December 2004. Retrieved 31 December 2008.
- Nemcova, Petra (18 March 2010). "Restoring the Lives of Children After Natural Disasters: How You Can Bring Happiness Back". Huffington Post.
- "Model Petra Nemcova's charity work in Haiti honoured". The Independent. 13 June 2012.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|