Petrie Airfield was a World War II military airfield located just to the south of the North Pine River in Petrie, Queensland, Australia. After the war, the airfield was dismantled and the area is now part of the urban area of Petrie-Strathpine.
World War II
- RAAF units based at Petrie Airfield
- RAF units based at Petrie Airfield
- No. 549 Squadron RAF (Spitfire) Lawnton/ Strathpine December 1943 – July 1944
- No. 548 Squadron RAF (Spitfire) Lawnton/ Strathpine December 1943 – July 1944
USAAF based at Petrie Airfield
- 80th Fighter Squadron (8th Fighter Group), 10 May – 20 July 1942, P-39, P-400 Airacobra
- Dispersed from 8th Fighter Group HQ at Eagle Farm Airport.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Pacific Wrecks-Petrie Airfield
- RAAF Landing Ground Map - Petrie Airfield
|This article about the military of Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This military aviation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|