Petrie railway station
Northbound view from Platform 1 in May 2012
|Location||Station Street, Petrie|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||Queensland Rail|
|Distance||27.49 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||5 (1 side, 2 island)|
|Station code||600464 (platform 1)
600465 (platform 2)
600466 (platform 3)
600627 (platform 4)
600645 (platform 5)
|Fare zone||go card 3|
|Previous names||North Pine|
Petrie railway station is located on the North Coast line in Queensland, Australia. It serves the suburb of Petrie in the Moreton Bay Region. It opened as North Pine in 1888 after the nearby river and was renamed Petrie in 1910.
The station has five platforms. As part of the Redcliffe Peninsula line, the station was expanded with a new island platform built east of the existing platforms. It opened along with the rest of the line on 4 October 2016. As part of the project, a third track was added south of the station to Lawnton. North of the station, the Redcliffe Peninsula line branches off.
Services by platform
|1||Caboolture||No scheduled services|||
|Sunshine Coast||No scheduled services|||
|Sunshine Coast||Nambour & Gympie North|||
|4||Caboolture||Roma Street, Springfield Central, Ipswich & Rosewood|||
|Sunshine Coast||Roma Street, Springfield Central & Ipswich|||
|5||Redcliffe Peninsula||Roma Street, Springfield Central & Ipswich|||
Prior to the October 2016 opening of the Redcliffe Peninsula line, Petrie station was served by 10 bus routes connecting it to nearby suburbs, but after the opening only two remain.
Hornibrook Bus Lines operate two routes via Petrie station:
- Moreton Bay Rail Link Railway Technology
- "Non-Express Delivery: The Moreton Bay Rail Link" Railway Digest October 2013 page 26
- Redcliffe Peninsula Line opens in Brisbane Railway Gazette International 4 October 2016
- Lawnton to Petrie upgrade project Department of Transport & Main Roads
- "Redcliffe Peninsula line timetable" (pdf). TransLink. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Caboolture line timetable" (pdf). TransLink. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Sunshine Coast line timetable" (pdf). TransLink. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Petrie Platform 1". TransLink.
- "Petrie Platform 2". TransLink.
- "Petrie Platform 3". TransLink.
- "Petrie Platform 4". TransLink.
- "Petrie Platform 5". TransLink.
- Route 680 timetable TranLink 20 January 2014
- Route 686 timetable TransLink 20 January 2014