|Born||10 August 1947|
Parchów, Silesia (southwest Poland)
|Other names||Petro Murianka|
|Occupation||Poet, Editor, Folk musician|
Petro Trochanowski or Piotr Trochanowski (born 10 August 1947) was born in Parchów, Silesia in the southwestern part of Poland to Lemko parents from Binczarowa. He is the editor of Besida, published in Krynica since 1989. He is a spokesperson for the Lemko ethnic group in Poland and internationally. He is also published under the pseudonym Petro Murianka.
He was the first person who was not an ethnic Pole to win the Stanisław Piętak Prize.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Murianka, Petro; Graban, Volodislav; Zegadłówna, Zdzisława (1983). Suchy badyl [a Dry Stalk] (in Polish). Nowy Sącz: Sądecka Oficyna Wydawnicza. OCLC 69452364.
- Trochanowski, Piotr (1989). Jak sokół wodę z kamienia [Like water from a stone falcon] (in Polish and Rusyn). Warsaw: Iskry. ISBN 978-83-207-1134-9. OCLC 30750811.
- Trochanowski, Piotr (1995). Mamko kup mi knyzhku (in Rusyn). Nowy Sącz: SOWy. ISBN 978-83-85753-30-8. OCLC 46719953.
- Murianka, Petro (2001). Planetnyky : davny i novy vershy (in Rusyn). Stovarišynâ Lemkìv. ISBN 978-83-909730-4-3. OCLC 54079749.
- Trochanowski, Piotr (2008). Panteon Zelenoi Lemkovyny = Panteon Zielonej Lemkowyny (in Polish and Rusyn). Gorlytsi : Diecezjalny Ośrodek Kultury Prawosławnej "Elpis" w Gorlicach. ISBN 978-83-913884-5-7. OCLC 654490198.
- Besida (editor)
- Constantine Ostrogski Prize
- Krzysztof, Ireneusz (27 May 1994). "The Culture of a Quiet People". Karpatska Rus'. Yonkers, New York. LXVII (11).
- Black, Cathy (2008). "The Dance of Exile: Jerzy Starzynski, Kyczera, and the Polish Lemkos". Dance Research Journal. University of Illinois Press. 40 (2 (Winter)). doi:10.1353/drj.0.0022. ISSN 0149-7677.
- Walton, Nicholas (8 August 2002). "Lemk people fight for survival". BBC. Retrieved June 21, 2009.
- "In the television, Ruthenians are shown as bare-footed peasants living in primitive wooden cottages. They can sing, play on strange old instruments, but never drive Western cars or run enterprises"
- A small sample of his works
- 2002 Chepa Bear and Aleksander Dukhnovich Prize
- Lemko Revival
|This article about a poet from Poland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Polish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|