Petrogradsky District (Russian: Петрогра́дский райо́н) is a district of the federal city of St. Petersburg, Russia. It borders the Bolshaya Nevka River in the north and in the east, the Neva River in the south, and areas around the Malaya Neva River in the west. District's population: 130,455 (2010 Census); 134,607 (2002 Census).
Petrogradsky District comprises the following municipal okrugs:
Development of what would become the Petrogradsky District began in May 1703 when Peter the Great began construction of the Peter and Paul fortress on Zayachy Island. Under Peter the Great, Petrogradsky district became the commercial and administrative center of Saint Petersburg. It was under Peter the Great that Gorodskoy Island (today Petrogradsky Island) emerged as St. Petersburg's commercial and administrative center. It was settled over time by craftsmen and military men, prospering and becoming more populated through the 19th and early 20th centuries. The present district was formed in 1917, with the Primorsky District being split off in 1936. The current boundaries date back to 1973.
- Russian Federal State Statistics Service (2011). "Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года. Том 1" [2010 All-Russian Population Census, vol. 1]. Всероссийская перепись населения 2010 года (2010 All-Russia Population Census) (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Russian Federal State Statistics Service (May 21, 2004). "Численность населения России, субъектов Российской Федерации в составе федеральных округов, районов, городских поселений, сельских населённых пунктов – районных центров и сельских населённых пунктов с населением 3 тысячи и более человек" [Population of Russia, Its Federal Districts, Federal Subjects, Districts, Urban Localities, Rural Localities—Administrative Centers, and Rural Localities with Population of Over 3,000] (XLS). Всероссийская перепись населения 2002 года [All-Russia Population Census of 2002] (in Russian). Retrieved August 9, 2014.
- Bondarchuk, Ye. A.; Yudin, P. Y. "Petrogradsky District". Saint Petersburg Encyclopaedia. Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- "A class business center in Petrogradsky district". GVA Sawyer. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- Schafbuch, Thomas (2007-10-01). "Residential Overview". Moscow Times. Retrieved 2015-08-22.