Petts Wood railway station
|Local authority||London Borough of Bromley|
|Number of platforms||4|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|9 July 1928||Opened|
|London transport portal|
Petts Wood railway station is on the South Eastern main line, serving Petts Wood in the London Borough of Bromley, south-eastern Greater London. It is 12 miles 53 chains (20.4 km) down the line from London Charing Cross and is situated between Chislehurst and Orpington stations. It is in Travelcard zone 5.
It has four platform faces on islands located between the slow and fast pairs of tracks. To the north of the station is Petts Wood Junction, where the up (London-bound) and down (country-bound) loop lines link the lines from Charing Cross and Victoria. The station is operated by Southeastern.
The station was built on the main line to the north of Orpington and opened on 9 July 1928, initially as a single island platform, with the first tickets printed showing the name as Pett's Wood. The community now surrounding it developed from that date: now the railway divides Petts Wood East and Petts Wood West.
- 2 tph to London Charing Cross (fast from Hither Green to London Bridge)
- 2 tph to London Cannon Street via Lewisham (all stations)
- 2 tph to London Victoria via Herne Hill
- 2 tph to Kentish Town via Catford (during the peak hours, these trains continue to Luton)
- 6 tph to Orpington
- 2 tph to Sevenoaks
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- "Buses from Petts Wood" (PDF). TfL. 1 April 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- "Timetable 7: London to Bromley South and Orpington" (PDF). Southeastern, September 2020.
- "Timetable 6: London to Orpington and Sevenoaks via Grove Park" (PDF). Southeastern, September 2020.
- "Timetable 05: Luton to Orpington and Sevenoaks" (PDF). Thameslink, December 2019.
- Mitchell, V & Smith, K (1991). Southern Main Lines: Charing Cross to Orpington. Midhurst, West Sussex: Middleton Press. ISBN 0-906520-96-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Petts Wood railway station.|