Peugeot EX1 Concept
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door roadster|
The Peugeot EX1 Concept is an electric concept car introduced and made by the French automaker Peugeot, presented at the 2010 Paris Motor Show. It has two engines that provide 250 kW (340 hp) and 480 Nm of torque.
The EX1 features stylistic design codes first presented on the SR1 concept in earlier 2010. The monocoque body structure is manufactured from a carbon/honeycomb composite to optimise weight and rigidity. The car is 0.90 metres high and 1.77 metres wide.
It has broken six speed records for a vehicle weighing less than 1000 kg. From a standing start, the EX1 set the following times: 1/8 mile (8.89sec), 1/4 mile (14.4s), 500m (16.81s), 1/2 mile (23.85s), 1000m (28.16s), and 1 mile (41.09s). It set a 0-60 mph run in 2.24sec and an overall top speed of 161 mph.
- "Paris 2010: Peugeot EX1 Concept". Terra. Retrieved 2011-02-18. French language.
- "Concept EX1". Peugeot. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- "Peugeot EX1 Concept Sets Electric Speed Records". eurotuner. 2010-09-22. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- "Stunning Peugeot EX 1 Unveiled". ElectroVelocity. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- "Peugeot EX1 EV breaks records in China". eurotuner. 2010-12-22. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- Deutsche Presse Agentur (2010-12-22). "Peugeot with record drive in electric EX1 concept". M&C. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- Concept Or Not, Peugeot EX1 Is One Fast EV 0-60mag. Accessed: 6 January 2011.
- Tutu, Andrei. Peugeot EX1 is an EV performance record breaker AutoEvolution, 16 December 2010. Accessed: 6 January 2011.
- Concept EX1 at Peugeot's official site.