|Assembly||:Graz (Magna Steyr)[nb 1]|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Sport compact (S)|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
|Platform||PSA PF2 platform|
|Engine||1.6 THP200 straight-4 (Turbo)
2.0 HDi FAP 163 PS straight-4
1.6 156 PS petrol
1.6 270 BHP Turbocharged EP6CDTR
|Wheelbase||2,612 mm (102.8 in)|
|Length||4,290 millimetres (168.9 in)|
|Width||1,845 mm (72.6 in)(excluding mirrors)|
|Height||1,359 mm (53.5 in)|
|Curb weight||1,394 kg (3,073 lb) (1.6)
1,474 kg (3,250 lb) (HDI)
The Peugeot RCZ is a sports coupé manufactured by the French car company Peugeot. It was launched in April 2010 and is available in almost 80 countries as of 2013 (except the US). It was officially introduced at the Frankfurt Auto Show in 2009 and was initially announced as the 308 RCZ concept car at the 2007 Frankfurt show. It is assembled by Magna Steyr, a subsidiary of Magna International. Petrol engines are based on Prince platform while diesel is part of the HDi project. RCZ was developed under code name "T75".
After a production period of almost six years, the last Peugeot RCZ rolled off the assembly line in the Magna Steyr Graz plant at September 18, 2015.
The RCZ was originally planned as a simple concept car but it received critical acclaim, capturing the imagination of the public and professionals. Peugeot decided to take the leap from concept to actual car and began production. The car's lines and style have remained very close to the original concept so as not to disappoint public opinion, however a series of changes were made to the central dual exhaust system which was replaced by a dual exhaust to the left of the rear bumper. The RCZ has double-bubble roof inspired by Zagato.
The RCZ is 4.287 m (168.8 in) long, 1.845 m (72.6 in) wide and 1.359 m (53.5 in) in height and a wheelbase of 2.612 m (102.8 in).
|Petrol engines|
|Power||Torque||0–100 km/h,s||Top speed
|1.6-litre THP156 2010–||I4 turbo||1,598 cc (97.5 cu in)||156 PS (115 kW; 154 hp) @6000 rpm||240 N·m (177 lbf·ft) @1400 rpm||8.4||212 km/h (132 mph)||6-speed automatic||168 g/km|
|1.6-litre THP200 2010–||200 PS (147 kW; 197 hp) @5800 rpm||275 N·m (203 lbf·ft) @1770 rpm||7.5||235 km/h (146 mph)||6-speed manual||155 g/km|
|1.6-litre THP270 2014–||270 PS (199 kW; 266 hp) @6000 rpm||330 N·m (243 lbf·ft) @1900 rpm||5.9||250 km/h (155 mph)||149 g/km|
|2.0-litre HDi163 2010–||I4 turbo||1,997 cc (121.9 cu in)||163 PS (120 kW; 161 hp) @4000 rpm||320 N·m (236 lbf·ft) @2000 rpm||8.2||220 km/h (137 mph)||6-speed manual||139 g/km|
|2.0-litre HDi FAP 165 2012–||340 N·m (251 lbf·ft) @2000 rpm||225 km/h (140 mph)|
The RCZ can be specified including features such as electric heated and adjustable seating with driver's memory, leather seats and dashboard and hill assist function. Options include 19-inch alloy wheels and a JBL sound system. An Elan or Sportif Kit option pack can be selected to change the colour finish of the roof, door mirrors and front grille.
RCZ Hybrid4 Concept
The RCZ Hybrid4 concept was announced with a 2.0 l HDi FAP 120 kW (163 PS; 161 hp) engine and a 27 kW (37 PS; 36 hp) electric motor connected to a 6-speed electronically controlled gearbox. The predicted fuel consumption was 3.7 litres per 100 kilometres (76 mpg-imp; 64 mpg-US) in mixed cycle, emitting 95 g/km of CO2.
In November 2012, Peugeot announced their intention of building a more powerful, performance oriented RCZ. In July 2013, the first official pictures of the car were released. The RCZ R will have a turbocharged 1.6l engine capable of producing 270 bhp (making it the most powerful engine of this displacement in any production car) and 330NM of torque, allowing it a 0-62 time of 5.9 seconds and a top speed limited to 155 mph. It will also feature uprated 380mm Alcon brakes and suspension, a significantly reduced curb weight and a Torsen front differential, like that found on the mk2 Ford Focus RS, to reduce the inevitable torque steer faced by a front-wheel-drive car with this level of power output. The RCZ R went on sale in January 2014 at £31,995.
The RCZ Allure is a special edition of the 1.6 THP156 with 6-speed Tiptronic transmission and 18-inch wheels.
The Asphalt is limited edition (500 units) version of the RCZ. It includes 19-inch black and silver alloy wheels, black leather sport seats.
The RCZ Brownstone is a limited edition available exclusively in Germany in metallic brown paint with silver racing strips. Inside, the special version is also in brown, with Cohiba leather and Alcantara trim.
The RCZ Magnetic is available exclusively in Britain, with production limited to 170 units. Models are available in pearlescent black with Flame Red leather sports seats or white with black leather sports seats, with matte black roof arches and a black grille, brake calipers and door mirrors. They also feature a soft touch leather sports steering wheel and a short shift gear lever.
Reception and awards
The Peugeot RCZ has been well received, gaining the Top Gear '2010 Coupe of the Year award', three times in a row the Auto Express 'Best Coupé of the Year', the Auto Express readers 'Special Design Award 2010' and the 'Best of the Best' Red Dot Award for its design. From 2010 to 2014, the Peugeot RCZ has been awarded five successive times 'Best Sports Car' by Diesel Car magazine, beating off strong opposition from the Mercedes-Benz SLK and others to retain this title undefeated. According to Ian Robertson, editor of DieselCar : 'The Peugeot RCZ offers a rewarding driving experience, agile handling and a well sorted ride, and frugal diesel power. It really is the icing on the cake for the sexily styled sports coupé'.
The Peugeot RCZ has been cited as a return to form for Peugeot's lines of higher performance vehicles. Autocar magazine described the Peugeot RCZ R as 'Things look pretty good when you compare it to its rivals, too. The Audi TT is dull to drive and quite aged now, while the Mini Coupé JCW 1.6 is nowhere near as finessed as the Peugeot.'.
A modified version of the RCZ is used in the Peugeot RCZ Racing Cup Italy one make race. The car used is known as the RCZ Peugeot Sport, which features an increased power output from 200 to 250 bhp, uprated brakes and an adjustable rear spoiler amongst standard motorsport preparations such as weight reduction and a roll cage. Racing versions of the RCZ have also competed successfully in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, claiming class victories with diesel based variants in 2010 and 2011 and with the RCZ Peugeot Sport in 2012.
Sales and production
|Year||Worldwide Production||Worldwide sales||Notes|
|2011||19,725||18,828||Total unit production reaches 38,933 units.|
|2012||9,800||11,118||Total unit production reaches 48,800 units.|
|2016||unknown||155||Total sales reaches 67,602 units June 30, 2016.|
- Unlike most of the Peugeot range, the RCZ is not manufactured in France, but in Graz, Austria by Magna Steyr.
- "PEUGEOT RCZ DESIGNER – BORIS REINMOLLER TAKES QUESTIONS & ANSWERS". SourceWire. 4 June 2010. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "PSA Annual Report 2012" (PDF). Car manufacturers. PSA. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- Patrick George. "The Peugeot RCZ R Is A Badass French Coupe We Won't Get". Jalopnik. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "The Telegraph 4 August 2007". Telegraph.co.uk. 2007-08-04. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "PSA-COM - supported Peugeot control units".
- "For the fifth year in a row, the Peugeot RCZ has been awarded the Diesel Car magazine 'Sports Car of the Year'". Western Morning News. 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "Top Gear 2010 Awards". Topgear.com. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Peugeot builds the 30,000th RCZ".
- "Frankfurt motor show: Peugeot RCZ". autocar.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- Peugeot RCZ PRICES, EQUIPMENT AND TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS 2012 Model Year - EFFECTIVE 1st APRIL 2011 Version 14 Archived June 1, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Popa, Bogdan (2009-08-18). "Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4, RCZ HYbrid4 Revealed". AutoEvolution. Retrieved 2016-05-19.
- "Peugeot RCZ R (2013) first official pictures". CAR magazine. 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- "Peugeot RCZ R". ZerCustoms. 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- "Peugeot RCZ R Review". Carwitter. 2014-01-26. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- "入門新版 RCZ Allure經濟法跑". Hkheadline.com. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Peugeot Rcz Asphalt 'Special Edition'". Femmesdallure.com. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Alessandro Gaudenzi. "Peugeot RCZ Brownstone". Newemotion.it. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Peugeot RCZ Magnetic Limited Edition". topspeed.com. 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2013-08-22.
- "Best Coupe of the year is Peugeot's stunning RCZ, which beats the Audi TT and VW Scirocco". Autoexpress.co.uk. 2010-07-30. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "Best Coupe of the year is Peugeot's stunning RCZ, which beats the Audi TT and VW Scirocco". Autoexpress.co.uk. 2011-08-03. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "Best Coupe of the year is Peugeot's stunning RCZ, which beats the Audi TT and Bentley Continental GT V8". Autoexpress.co.uk. 2012-07-25. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "Auto Express July 2010". Autoexpress.co.uk. 2010-07-30. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Red Dot". En.red-dot.org. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Peugeot RCZ R Review". Autocar. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "RCZ Racing Cup - RCZ Peugeot Sport". Peugeot Sport. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Results". ADAC Zurich 24h Nurburgring. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Engine specs from PSA Peugeot Citroën" (PDF). Creator and designer. PSA Peugeot Citroën. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Memento Mars 2013" (in French). PSA Peugeot Citroën. 21 February 2013: 50. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Cite error: The named reference
PSA_Annual_Results_2013_.28downloadable_pdf.29was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Cite error: The named reference
PSA_Annual_Results_2014_.28downloadable_pdf.29was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Cite error: The named reference
PSA_Annual_Results_2015_.28downloadable_pdf.29was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Cite error: The named reference
http:.2F.2Fwww.psa-peugeot-citroen.com.2Fen.2Fanalysts-and-investors.2Ffinancial-resultswas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peugeot RCZ.|
|« previous — Peugeot, a marque of Groupe PSA since 1976, car and LCV timeline, 1980s–present|
|Small family car||305||301|
|Large family car||504||405||406||407||508|
|Coupé||406 Coupé||407 Coupé|
|Convertible||205 Cabriolet||206 CC||207 CC|
|306 Cabriolet||307 CC||308 CC|