Peyrieras Reptile Reserve
Chameleon eating a grasshopper
Madagascar Exotic (also known as the Peyrieras Butterfly Farm, Peyrieras Nature Farm and Mandraka Reptile Farm) is a small privately run reserve (or zoo) at Marozevo, on National Road N2, 75 km (47 mi) east of Antananarivo, between the towns of Manjakandriana and Moramanga. It is a popular tourist stop between Antananarivo and Madagascar's Andasibe-Mantadia National Park.
The collection includes many reptiles (chameleons, iguanas, geckos, frogs), batraciens (amphibians), crocodiles and papillons (butterflies). The adjacent forest area supports families of relocated and habituated Verreaux's sifaka and common brown lemur which provide opportunities to photograph them close up at feeding times.
Most of the reptiles and other species are held within several large caged buildings and greenhouses, which tourists may enter when accompanied by a guide. A group of Coquerel's sifaka return daily to be fed and to aid photography by the tourists.
- Horned leaf chameleon (Brookesia superciliaris) 
- Jewelled chameleons spp. (Furcifer lateralis) 
- Lance-nosed chameleon (Calumma gallus)
- Leaf chameleon (Brookesia tristis) 
- Nose-horned chameleon (Calumma nasutum) ,
- Oustalet's chameleon (Furcifer oustaleti) ,
- Panther chameleon (Furcifer pardalis) ,
- Parson's chameleon (Calumma parsonii) 
- Perinet chameleon (Calumma gastrotaenia) 
- Pygmy leaf chameleon (Brookesia minima) 
- White-lined chameleon (Furcifer antimena) 
- Will's chameleon (Furcifer willsii)
- Calumma malthe
- Jewelled chameleon (Furcifer campani)
- Bright skink (Trachylepis elegans) 
- Collared iguana (Oplurus cuvieri)
- Lined leaf-tailed gecko (Uroplatus lineatus) ,
- Madagascan house gecko (Hemidactylus frenatus) 
- Mossy leaf-tailed gecko (Uroplatus sikorae) ,
- Satanic (or giant) leaf-tailed gecko (Uroplatus fimbriatus) ,
- Spearpoint leaf-tailed gecko (Uroplatus ebenaui) ,
- Butterflies and moths
- Bradt, Hillary (Mar 2011). Madagascar: Madagascar Exotic (PK72) (10 ed.). London: Bradt Travel Guides Ltd. p. 253 (total 424 pages). ISBN 9781841623412.
"Peyrieras Madagascar Exotic Reserve". http://travel.michelin.com/. Michelin Travel. Retrieved 9 September 2014. External link in
- "Madagascar exotic (Butterfly farm)". www.travelmadagascar.org. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Pereyras Nature Farm". www.TripAdvisor.co.uk. TripAdvisor. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- Lister, Paul. "Peyrieras Exotic Reserve at Marozevo, Madagascar Photo Gallery". www.TheSussexWildlifer.co.uk. The Sussex Wildlifer. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- Clark, Dave. "Mandraka". www.SmartMug.com. SmartMug. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
|This Madagascar-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a zoo, aquarium, safari park, dolphinarium, or aviary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|