January 26, 2001|
Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
|WHL team||Winnipeg Ice|
17th overall, 2019|
Vegas Golden Knights
Peyton Krebs (born January 26, 2001) is a Canadian junior ice hockey forward. He is currently playing for the Winnipeg Ice of the Western Hockey League (WHL). He was drafted 17th overall by the Vegas Golden Knights in the first round of the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.
The Kootenay Ice named Krebs the team's 23rd captain. During the 2017–18 season, he finished first in the WHL in points among rookies with 54. He was fourth on the team in scoring as a 16-year-old.
Krebs played for Team Canada, achieving 5 points in 5 games at the 2018 Hlinka Gretzky Cup, winning Gold. Krebs captained Team Canada at the 2019 IIHF World U18 Championships and led the team with 6 goals and 10 points, the highest-scoring non-American at the tournament. He earned a silver medal with Team Canada at the U-17’s in 2017.
Regular season and playoffs
Awards and honours
|First All-Star Team||2017|
- Kimelman, Adam (May 28, 2019). "NHL Scouting Combine, Day Two". National Hockey League. Retrieved June 22, 2019.
- Emerson, Justin (June 21, 2019). "Golden Knights select forward Peyton Krebs in first round of NHL draft". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved June 22, 2019.
- Schoen, David (June 21, 2019). "Golden Knights take Peyton Krebs in first round of NHL draft". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved June 22, 2019.
- Abdelsayed, Amy (June 21, 2019). "Vegas Golden Knights take Peyton Krebs in first round draft". KTNV-TV. Retrieved June 22, 2019.
- "Peyton Krebs Kootenay ICE's 23rd captain". e-know. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- Wagner, Daniel. "Should the Canucks draft Peyton Krebs at the 2019 NHL Entry Draft?". Vancouver Courier. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| Vegas Golden Knights first round draft pick
|This Canadian biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|