Pezuela de las Torres
|Pezuela de las Torres
Pezuela de las Torres
Municipal location within the Community of Madrid.
|Autonomous community||Community of Madrid|
|Provinces||Province of Madrid|
|• Mayor||José Corral (PP-People's Party)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Pezuela de las Torres has got an important tourist attraction, it is about Jesus' Birth Theatre. It realised on the streets of the town, this attraction is very important for the town's economy. Also Pezuela de las Torres has other important attractions: its sources, journeys and pathways, etc.
This town has a special political situation. Pezuela de las Torres has the next composition in its council:
Relevant festivals in Pezuela de las Torres are:
- Saint Anna's Day: at afternoon people goes to a mass, at Saint Anna's Parish, after mass there is a concert, actuations and a traditional market.
- Help Christ's Day: the greatest festival at the town and is the most popular festivity. It takes place 14 September and it has some days of celebration (with bulls race, dance, market and actuations) the groups of friends build cabins and at night people go to these for dance and to drink alcohol, Coke or something else. Although it is on 14 September, the celebration begins on 13 September.
- Saint Benito's Day: people go to the parish, at the town's border, and there people hear mass, enjoy chocolate and buy in a traditional market.
- Saint Isidro's Day: there is a traditional mass and a traditional procession around the countryside and the Saint blesses them.
- Saint Pilar's Day: also known as Spanish National Day (12 October), for this event there is a festival of 3 days. The town has concerts, actuations, a mass and a procession with band.
The town is full of people who come to visit their families, the population on these days is estimated at 1000.
There have been many unusual changes in her census. The population had its maximum point between 1950–70, but with the advent of the new century the dwellers had a big decline. Now the village has got a regular population, over 798 people. Although there are population changes in special festivities, the town can get over 1000 citizens in summer and 950 in winter.
|This article about a location in the Community of Madrid, Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|