|Founded||1862 as PFAFF, Kaiserslautern, Germany|
|Founder||Georg Max Pfaff|
Number of employees
|Parent||SGSB Co. Ltd|
In 1885, Georg Michael Pfaff opened a sewing machine shop in London. The PFAFF factory was expanded and modernized. Georg Pfaff, the second son of the founder, took over the management of the company after his father's death in 1893 and expanded it further with great success.
In March 2013 the German holding company of SGSB Group Co. Ltd., ShangGong (Europe) Holding Corp. GmbH, took over 100% of the shares of PFAFF Industriesysteme und Maschinen AG.
Pfaff won the 2006 IMB INNOVATION AWARD 2006 for the Programmed Welding solution with 100% parameter control. In 2007, the expert jury of the interzum award 2007 awarded a newly developed PFAFF pole sewing machine with the award BEST OF THE BEST in the field of upholstery furniture manufacturing and bedding. In the same year, the Initiative Mittelstand PFAFF was awarded the Industry Innovation Prize for the ultrasonic welding machine PFAFF 8310 Cut & Seal. Also, Pfaff sewing machines have frequently been given away as prizes on "The Price is Right," through the 80s and early 90s.
- "ShangGong (Europe) Holding Corp. GmbH took over 100% of the shares of PFAFF Industriesysteme und Maschinen AG in Kaiserslautern". Dürrkopp Adler. 9 April 2013. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- SGSB Co. Ltd
- "The history of Pfaff extends over 150 years". PFAFF Sewing Machines. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "PFAFF® SEWING MACHINE BRAND CELEBRATES 145 YEAR ANNIVERSARY". SVP Worldwide. 3 December 2007. Archived from the original on 13 December 2014. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pfaff sewing machines.|
- PFAFF Industrial Website
- PFAFF Household sewing machines, part of SVP Worldwide
- Dating PFAFF sewing machines
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|