KDOT map of Ellis County (legend)
|state of Kansas|
|Elevation||1,873 ft (571 m)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||475392|
Volga German immigrants founded Pfeifer in August 1876, naming it after the village they had emigrated from in Russia. The final group of Volga German immigrants arrived from the community of Kamenka in June 1878. In 1884, the settlement moved to its current location. A post office opened in Pfeifer in 1887.
Beginning in 1879, local residents constructed a series of church buildings that culminated in the completion of Holy Cross Church in May 1918.
Notable individuals who were born in and/or have lived in Pfeifer include:
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "General Highway Map - Ellis County, Kansas" (PDF). Kansas Department of Transportation. 1978. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "Ellis County". Kansas Heritage Project. Fort Hays State University. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961 (archived)". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "2003-2004 Official Transportation Map" (PDF). Kansas Department of Transportation. 2003. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "Pfeifer, Kansas". Google Maps. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "Monty Basgall". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
|This article about a location in Ellis County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|