Phú Mỹ (town)
Thị xã Phú Mỹ
|Phú Mỹ Town|
|Province||Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu|
|• Total||128.90 sq mi (333.84 km2)|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (UTC + 7)|
Phú Mỹ is a district-level town of Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu Province in the southeast region of Vietnam. In 2018, Tân Thành District became Phú Mỹ Town. As of 2018 the district-level town had a population of 175,872. The town covers an area of 333.84 km².
The town seat is Phú Mỹ ward. Phú Mỹ is a highly industrialized town with several industrial parks. Phú Mỹ is home to deep water ports replacing Saigon Port when the latter has been relocated here. Phú Mỹ Power Plant Complex with total capacity of 4,000 MW contributes nearly 35% of Vietnam's total electricity.
Port of Phu My
The Port of Phu My (pronounced Foo-me) serves as the main deep water cargo port for Ho Chi Minh city, as well as for the resort town of Vung Tau. Ho Chi Minh city is located 65 km from Ho Chi Minh city and 45 km from Vung Tau city.
The town is divided administratively into 5 wards and 5 communes:
- [dangcongsan.vn/thoi-su/thong-qua-nghi-quyet-thanh-lap-thi-xa-phu-my-tinh-ba-ria-vung-tau-480130.html Thông qua Nghị quyết thành lập thị xã Phú Mỹ, tỉnh Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu]
- "Phu My Port - port and navigational information". www.vpa.org.vn. Vietnam ports association. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- Guide to port entry. London: IHS Port Guides. 2 January 2018.
- "Day tours from Phu My Port". www.itourvn.com. "I tour Vietnam" Blog. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "About Phu My Port". www.bariaserece.com/. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
|This article about a location in Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu Province, Vietnam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|