Phạm Đoan Trang
Pham Doan Trang (born 1978 in Hanoi) is a Vietnamese author, blogger, journalist, and democracy activist. She received the 2017 Homo Homini Award from People In Need, who called her "one of the leading figures of the contemporary Vietnamese dissent".
Trang is the co-founder of the blog Luat Khoa Tap Chi (Journal of Law). In 2017, she published Chính Trị Bình Dân (Politics for Everyone), her ninth book. Her blog receives around 20 thousand daily visitors. Since then, she has sought refuge at an undisclosed location, from where she also speaks to the media.
In 2018, Trang was awarded the Homo Homini Award by the Czech-based human rights organisation People In Need. The citation states: "Pham Doan Trang is one of the leading figures of the contemporary Vietnamese dissent. She uses plain words to fight the lack of freedom, corruption and the despotism of the communist regime."
- RFA: Vietnamese Activist Blogger Placed Under House Arrest in Hanoi (26 February 2018) (accessed 29 March 2018)
- Reporters Without Borders: Well-known Vietnamese journalist hounded, facing imminent arrest (27 February 2018) (accessed 29 March 2018)
- People in Need: The Homo Homini Prize for 2017 will be awarded to a persecuted Vietnamese blogger (13 February 2018) (accessed 29 March 2018)
- "Nhà báo Phạm Đoan Trang được trao giải nhân quyền Homo Homini". VOA (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "Blogger Phạm Đoan Trang ẩn trốn sau khi bị thẩm vấn". BBC Tiếng Việt. 2018-03-02. Retrieved 2018-04-01.