(Redirected from Phaëton)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Phaeton, Phaëthon, Phaëton, phaeton, or Φαέθων in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Phaeton, Phaëton, Phaethon, or Phaëthon may refer to:
In Greek mythology
Several figures with astral associations:
- Phaethon, son of Helios, personification of the planet now known as Jupiter
- Phaethon (son of Eos), guardian of the temples of Aphrodite
- Phaethon (horse), one of the horses of Eos
- Phaethon (play), a lost play by Euripides
- Phaethontis quadrangle, a region on Mars
- 3200 Phaethon, small asteroid or comet responsible for the Geminids meteor shower
- Phaeton (hypothetical planet), a hypothetical fifth planet believed to have once existed between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter and whose destruction supposedly led to the formation of the asteroid belt
- Phaethon, first king of the Bronze Age Molossians who arrived with Pelasgus
- Phaethon, genus name of the three tropicbird species
- Phaeton, Nord-Est, a town in Haiti
- Phaeton body, a style of open carriage or automobile
- Phaeton (carriage), a horse-drawn sporty open carriage
- Volkswagen Phaeton, a full-size luxury automobile built by Volkswagen until 2016
- Dark photon, also called phaeton, a hypothetical dark matter particle
- Phaethon (patrol boat), a patrol boat of the Navy of Cyprus
- Phaethon (composition), 1986 composition by Christopher Rouse
- Phaeton (Halo), a VTOL vehicle in the Halo universe
- Double Phaeton, a Gräf & Stift luxury automobile c. 1910.
- HMS Phaeton (1782), a frigate of Britain's Royal Navy.
- The Fall of Phaeton (Rubens), a painting by Peter Paul Rubens
- The Seduction of Phaeton Black (2012) The Seduction of Phaeton Black, a steampunk novel by Jillian Stone
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Phaeton.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.