Phalanx, New Jersey
|Phalanx, New Jersey|
As seen from Phalanx Road
|Elevation||62 ft (19 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||879262|
Phalanx is an unincorporated community located within Colts Neck Township in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States. It is located near the Swimming River Reservoir and is across from Brookdale Community College in Lincroft. The community is named for the North American Phalanx, a communal agricultural community that existed in the 19th century. The community disbanded in 1854 following a fire but the main residence stood until November 14, 1972 when another fire destroyed it. Homes began to replace the former farmland beginning in the late 1970s and is now the primary composition of the area.
- "Phalanx". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed February 28, 2015.
- Google (August 15, 2015). "Aerial view of Phalanx" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- Charles Sears, The North American Phalanx: An Historical and Descriptive Sketch. Prescott, WI: John M. Pryse, 1886.
- Efthyvoulou, Lonia; Figdore, Sherry (November 15, 1972). "Fire Thwarts Efforts to Save Phalanx" (PDF). The Daily Register (Red Bank). p. 1. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- "Aerial view of Phalanx, 1979". Historic Aerials. 1979. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
|This Monmouth County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|