|Developer(s)||Andres Gutierrez and others|
|Initial release||November 14, 2012|
3.4.2 / 5 August 2018
|Written in||C, PHP|
|Platform||Unix, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows |
|Type||Web application framework|
|License||BSD License |
Unlike most PHP frameworks, Phalcon is implemented as a web server extension written in Zephir and C, aiming to boost execution speed, reduce resource usage, and handle more HTTP requests per second than comparable frameworks written primarily in PHP. One drawback of this approach is that root/administrative access is required on the server to install Phalcon by building a custom binary or using a precompiled one.
Phalcon was created by Andrés Gutiérrez and collaborators looking for a new approach to traditional web application frameworks written in PHP. The original draft of the framework in 2011 was called "Spark", the name was later changed to Phalcon, representing the words "PHP" and "falcon". Phalcon's initial release was made available on November 14, 2012.
Phalcon 0.3.5 includes an ORM written in C, MVC components, and cache components. This release was followed by the Phalcon 0.5.0 that brought a high-level dialect of SQL called PHQL, and Phalcon 0.6.0 that introduced Volt, a template engine similar to Jinja. Phalcon 1.0 was released on March 22, 2013. with Phalcon 1.3 being the last minor release in that series. Phalcon 2.0 saw most of the project ported from C to Zephir.
Phalcon 3.0.0 was released on 29 July 2016, this major release includes support for PHP 7 as well as being Phalcon's first LTS (Long Term Support) release. Phalcon also adopted SemVer for their next releases versioning.
- "Release Version 0.4.5 · phalcon/cphalcon". github.com. 2012-11-14. Retrieved 2015-03-09.
- "Release Version 3.4.2 · phalcon/cphalcon". github.com. 2018-12-01. Retrieved 2018-12-01.
- "Download Phalcon for Linux/Unix/Mac". phalconphp.com.
- "cphalcon/LICENSE.md at master · phalcon/cphalcon · GitHub". GitHub.
- Lukasz Kujawa (2013-05-09). "Is Phalcon the promised land for PHP?". systemsarchitect.net. Retrieved 2015-03-14.
- "Interview with PhalconPHP Creator Andrés Gutiérrez". phalcon.io. 2015-05-19. Retrieved 2015-05-23.
- "CHANGELOG-1.x.md at master". github.com. 2017-08-06. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Phalcon 3.0.0 released - Phalcon Framework". phalconphp.com. 2016-07-29. Retrieved 2016-07-29.
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|