Phansidewa (community development block)
|Community development block|
|• Type||Community development block|
|• Total||336.56 km2 (129.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||610/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Darjeeling|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Phansidewa|
Phansidewa (community development block) is an administrative division in Siliguri subdivision of Darjeeling district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Phansidewa police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Phansidewa.
Phansidewa block consists of rural areas only with 7 gram panchayats, viz.
- Phansidewa Bansgoan kismat
This block has one police station at Phansidewa. The headquarters of this block is in Phansidewa.
As per 2011 Census of India Phansidewa CD Block had a total population of 204,522, all of which were rural. There were 103,719 males and 100,803 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 60,704 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 62,595.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Phansidewa CD Block was 113,572 out of which 64,890 were males and 48,682 were females.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Darjeeling district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Darjeeling district (01). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Phansidewa
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 19 August 2015.