This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Slogan||Hier ist dein Spaß - (Here is your fun)|
|Location||Brühl, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany|
|Area||28 hectares (69 acres)|
Phantasialand is a theme park in Brühl, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany that attracts approximately 2 million visitors annually. The park was opened in 1967 by Gottlieb Löffelhardt and Richard Schmidt. Although starting as a family-oriented park, Phantasialand has also added thrill rides, especially during recent years. Furthermore, following the example of Europa-Park, they have decided to attract business customers beside the regular ones, calling it "Business to Pleasure".
Among the park's thrill rides is Taron (the world's fastest multi-launch coaster), Black Mamba (a Bolliger & Mabillard inverted coaster) and a themed Mine Train roller coaster called Colorado Adventure, which runs among some mountains in the park's Wild West section and was opened by Michael Jackson.
Phantasialand opened in 1967.[further explanation needed]
On 1 May 2001, a fire destroyed two roller coasters, a theatre and parts of the Westernstadt. It was the result of a cable fire in the Grand-Canyon-Bahn caused by faulty wiring. The blaze covered about 38 million Deutsche Mark (US$17 million) in damage and 54 people were injured. Phantasialand reopened the park about two weeks later and invested about €2 million in fire safety, equipping every building with sprinkler systems.
Phantasialand is also home to "Mystery Castle", an indoor Intamin Ride Trade Bungee Drop featuring a walk through a haunted castle. Next to the castle is "River Quest", a rapid river ride which features a lift, built by Hafema in 2002. It replaced the attractions destroyed by the fire one year before.
In 2002, Winja's Fear and Force, two indoor spinning coasters built by Maurer Söhne, were built along with a new area called Wuze Town.
A four-star on-site hotel called Hotel Ling Bao, which is Chinese themed, opened in 2004. The hotel's roof tiles were imported from China, and every room door was hand-engraved. The hotel has two restaurants; one of them - the LU CHI - is renowned for its Euro-Asiatic cuisine, a bar, a pool with sauna, garden area, spa and its own entrance to the park. A second (three-star) hotel called "Matamba" opened in August 2008 in the Deep in Africa section.
Phantasialand opened another ride for 2007 called Talocan, a Suspended Top Spin by Huss Maschinenfabrik. It is located in the Mexican section of the park. In 2008 a splash battle ride, Wakobato, opened in the lake in the old fairytale forest. The attraction is highly debated amongst residents living next to the park, who complain about noise pollution.
In 2010 Phantasialand opened five new attractions for children in Wuze Town: Baumberger Irrgarten (Maze), Die fröhliche Bienchenjagd (Jump Around by Zamperla), Wolke's Luftpost (Magic Bikes by Zamperla), Der lustige Papagei (Crazy Bus by Zamperla), and Würmling Express (Monorail). The Berlin part of the park has also been reworked, with many Berlin-themed houses, fountains and a tribune for shows. Also new in 2010 was the show 'Sieben' (seven) by Jan Rouven.
In 2011 Phantasialand opened two new attractions: Maus au chocolat, an ETF dark ride in Alt Berlin and a chair-swing on the Kaisersplatz. The old shop in Berlin was replaced with a funhouse-style attraction called "Verrücktes Hotel Tartüff", built by the park's engineers and opened in 2012.
For 2013, Phantasialand was building a new log flume-style attraction to replace their two previous water attractions. It is embedded in a large area of canyons and mountains, as a miniature model on display in the park had already revealed during construction. Chiapas: DIE Wasserbahn opened on 1 April 2014.
After the winter season 2013–14, Silver City (a western theme town) and the dark ride Silbermine were removed to allow construction on the park's 2016 launched roller coaster, Taron, and the new themed area Klugheim, which was to become a part of the Mystery area. Another roller coaster, Raik, is located in the Klugheim area, and is more family-oriented than the likes of Taron. The coaster is a Vekoma family boomerang model attraction.
Also in 2016, Race for Atlantis was removed to make way for a new themed area called Rookburgh with a rollercoaster named F.L.Y., the world's first launched flying roller coaster. It is not known when Rookburgh and F.L.Y will open.
|Berlin||Berlin in the 20s||Hotel Tartüff, Neptunwellenflieger, Wintergarten, Maus Au Chocolat, many attractions aimed at children|
|Fantasy/Wuze Town||Fantasy||Hollywood Tour, Temple of the Night Hawk, Winjas, Wakobato, many attractions for children|
|Mexico||Mexico||Talocan, Colorado Adventure, Tikal, Chiapas|
|China Town||China||Feng Ju Palace, Geister Rikscha|
|Mystery/Klugheim||Mystery||Mystery Castle, River Quest, Taron, Raik|
|Deep in Africa||Africa||Black Mamba|
|Black Mamba||2006||Bolliger & Mabillard||Deep in Africa||An inverted roller coaster|
|Colorado Adventure||1996||Vekoma||Mexico||A mine train|
|Winja's Fear & Force||2002||Maurer Söhne||Wuze Town||Duelling spinning roller coasters|
|Raik||2016||Vekoma||Klugheim||A steel family boomerang|
|Taron||2016||Intamin AG||Klugheim||A multilaunch steel roller coaster|
|Crazy Bats||1988||Vekoma||Fantasy||An indoor steel roller coaster with an additional Virtual Reality experience|
|Chiapas||2014||Intamin AG||Mexico||A log flume|
|River Quest||2002||Hafema||Mystery||A rapids ride|
|Wakobato||2009||Preston & Barbieri||Fantasy||A splash battle|
|Mystery Castle||1998||Intamin AG||Mystery||An enclosed drop tower|
|Talocan||2007||Huss||Mexico||A suspended top spin|
|Wellenflug||2011||Zierer||Berlin||A chair swing|
- Race for Atlantis (removed in 2016)
- Silbermine (removed in 2014)
- Stonewash and Wildwash Creek (removed in 2011)
- Gondelbahn 1001 Nacht (removed in 2009)
- Phantasialand Jet (removed in 2008)
- Gebirgsbahn (removed in 2001 due to a conflagration)
- Grand-Canyon-Bahn (removed in 2001 due to a conflagration)
- Silverado Theatre: JUMP!
- Arena de Fiesta: Ice College 2019
- Wintergarten: Musarteum - Wenn Geister träumen
- Miji African Dancers
- China artistry
- Schauspielhaus Pirates 4D
- Wuze Town: Hack and Buddl Children's Show
There are several additional 'mini shows' featured in the new leaflets for 2014, most of them taking place at 'Kaiserplatz', as well as a chance to meet up with the park's dragon characters.
- "Theme Index Museum Index 2018" (PDF).
- Silver Lake Saloon. "Europa-Park – Erlebnis-Resort – Deutschlands größter Freizeitpark". Confertainment.europapark.de. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- , http://www.phantasialand.de/en/#business-to-pleasure.
- "RZ-Online: Feuer im Phantasialand". Archiv.rhein-zeitung.de. 2 May 2001. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Germany / U.S. Foreign Exchange Rate - St. Louis Fed". research.stlouisfed.org. 8 March 2006. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "CNN.com - Rollercoaster fire injures 54 - May 1, 2001". web.archive.org. 1 May 2001. Archived from the original on 27 June 2009. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- Busche Verlagsgesellschaft mbH. "Fehler - Schlemmer Atlas - Restaurantführer: Restaurants in Deutschland, Frankreich, Österreich, Schweiz, Niederlande, Luxemburg und Italien". Schlemmer-atlas.de. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Maus au Chocolat". Park World Magazine. 12 August 2011. Archived from the original on 14 November 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Phantasialand – Unsere Neuheiten". Phantasialand.de. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Neu 2013 CHIAPAS - DIE Wasserbahn - Seite 10 - Phantasialand". Phantastische Fans. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Fakten und Hintergrundgeschichten Klugheims" (PDF). Phantasialand.de. 4 July 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "F.L.Y. announced". Looopings. 20 June 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phantasialand.|