This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Lebanon, New Hampshire, U.S.|
Number of employees
PharmaSecure is a U.S.-based software and technology company that works to improve global public health using mobile phone technology.
PharmaSecure was founded by Nathan Sigworth and N. Taylor Thompson in 2007. The company was started to address the problem of counterfeit pharmaceuticals. The original technology provided consumers with the opportunity to verify that their medicines are authentic by using a unique identifier on the package and a cell phone.
PharmaSecure now provides security for over 1.2 billion packages around the world and connects patients to healthcare services based on the medicines they are taking.
Products and Services
PharmaSecure has four main products: psID™, psVerify™, psConnect™, and psResearch™.
- psID™ -- The psID™ platform is a code generation system that allows pharmaceutical producers to apply unique codes to their product packaging.
- psVerify™ -- PharmaSecure’s “flagship product,” psVerify™, allows for the verification of pharmaceuticals via SMS, website, phone call, or mobile web application.
- psConnect™ -- PharmaSecure’s mHealth platform connects patients with healthcare services, such as medicine refill reminders or talking to wellness advisers.
- psResearch™ -- This product allows for companies engaging with psVerify™ to conduct studies on subjects such as product use and patient behavior.
- Arnoldy, Ben (14 December 2010). "Indian start-up strikes deal to combat counterfeiting of medicine". Christian Science Monitor – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- "30 under 30: Nathan Sigworth, PharmaSecure". Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Real or fake? Just dial an Interpol registry to find out". Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "PharmaSecure". Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "PharmaSecure completes $4M funding round". Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "PharmaSecure seals up $2.5M in latest round". Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "PharmaSecure Solutions". Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "PharmaSecure psID™". Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "PharmaSecure psVerify™". Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "PharmaSecure psConnect™". Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- "PharmaSecure psResearch™". Retrieved 2012-11-19.