Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2015)|
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA, pronounced /ˈfɑrmə/), founded in 1958, is a trade group representing companies in the pharmaceutical industry in the United States. PhRMA's stated mission is advocacy for public policies that encourage the discovery of new medicines for patients by companies engaged in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical research. PhRMA's current CEO is John J. Castellani and its chairman is Robert J. Hugin.
John J. Castellani, formerly head of the Business Roundtable, a U.S. advocacy and lobbying group, is president and CEO of PhRMA. He succeededs Billy Tauzin, a former Republican congressman from Louisiana. and continued until he stepped down in 2010.
SMARxT Disposal is a joint program run by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the American Pharmacists Association, and PhRMA to encourage consumers to properly dispose of unused medicines to avoid harm to the environment.
The Partnership for Prescription Assistance is a program by PhRMA and its member companies that connects patients in-need with information on low-cost and free prescription medication.
- Big Pharma: How the World's Biggest Drug Companies Control Illness
- Ethics in pharmaceutical sales
- European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Associations (IFPMA)
- International Intellectual Property Alliance (IIPA)
- Pharmaceutical Inspection Convention and Pharmaceutical Inspection Co-operation Scheme
- Pharmaceutical marketing
- SAFE-BioPharma Association (SAFE)
- The Editorial Board (November 27, 2015). "Turn the Volume Down on Drug Ads". New York Times. Retrieved November 27, 2015.
- Pharmaceutical group shifts tone with new pick for president, by N.C. Alzenman and Dan Eggen, The Washington Post, July 14, 2010
- Judy Sarasohn Special Interests: Tauzin to Head Drug Trade Group The Washington Post December 16, 2004; Page A35.
- Julian Pecquet. "PhRMA picks new president" The Hill July 14, 2010. Vol. 17 Issue 81 page 22.
- "Patient Resources". Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America. Archived from the original on March 19, 2011. Retrieved April 6, 2011.