|Founders||Henry Burdick, Barry Pressman|
|Headquarters||Northridge, California, United States|
|Products||Nature Made, SOYJOY|
|Parent||Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co.|
Pharmavite, LLC is a dietary supplements company based in Northridge, California. The company is the maker of Nature Made, a line of vitamins and nutritional supplements, and SOYJOY, a snack bar made from soy and fruit. As of 1994, Nature Made products were the top-selling brand of vitamins in the United States.
Pharmavite was founded in 1971 by Oluwason Henry Burdick and Barry Pressman. The Nature Made vitamin brand was launched the following year. The company was purchased in 1989 by Japanese pharmaceutical company Otsuka.
Product quality and regulation
Pharmavite's vitamins and supplements product line participates in the United States Pharmacopeia's (USP) Dietary Supplements Verification Program, which verifies the "quality, purity and potency" of dietary supplements through facility audits and random off-the-shelf product testing.
- Leslie Miller (May 26, 1994). "Vitamin maker adopts quality assurance code". USA Today.
- Jim Wagner (November–December 2001). "2001 Manufacturer of the Year". Nutritional Outlook.
- "Participating companies (US Pharmacopeia)".
- "USP Verified Dietary Supplements". United States Pharmacopeia. Retrieved July 7, 2010.
- "Vitamin E May Help Treat Liver Disease". CBS News. April 29, 2010. Retrieved July 7, 2010.
- "Fish oil, vitamin D to be scrutinized in big study". MSNBC. June 22, 2009. Retrieved July 7, 2010.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|