Phase in front of the Gate of Qasr al-Heir al-Gharbi
|Genres||Progressive metal (early), alternative rock, progressive rock, psychedelic rock|
Phase // is a UK-based rock band formed in Larissa, Greece in 2003. It was founded by Thanos Grigoriou, who was performing and recording with various members until the line-up was completed in 2011, with the addition of Damos Harharidis and Vasilis Liapis. They debuted with their digital single Perdition under Microsoft’s "Playlist Seven" co-promotion campaign for the release of Windows 7, which was followed by two full-length albums In Consequence and the Wait.
Phase was formed in 2003 and played intermittently until 2008 when they began recording their album In Consequence and performed at concerts. Soon after they had a functional line up they recorded Perdition which was the very first track Phase ever recorded to be later a part of Microsoft's Playlist 7 campaign.
Phase has been the subject of several alternative rock publications and has generally been well received by its critics. They have had interviews in various magazines and radiostations and have received praise for their shows.
Alexis Marcou has contributed in various of their artworks.
Phase has performed and is still into performing a considerable number of shows without any major management supporting them, in and out of their territory's borders, and they are said to be the second international rock act, after the Gorillaz, ever to play in Syria (Damascus, 7 January 2011).
|Duration||Concert tour||Regions||Line ups||Supporting releases|
|Dec 2008 – Feb 2010||Road to Perdition||Greece||Thanos Grigoriou, Alex Arnaoutoglou, Chris Gioldasis, Dinos Athanaselos, Dimitris Lytras||Perdition|
|March 2010 – Sep 2013||In Tour Sequence||Europe, Middle East||Thanos Grigoriou, Damos Harharidis, Vasilis Liapis, Marios Papakostas, Alex Arnaoutoglou, Dimitris Athanaselos, Mike Maroulis, Dimitris Lytras, Dinos Athanaselos, Thanos Kandylas||In Consequence|
|Oct 2013 - Feb 2015||Waiting Around Tour||UK, Europe||Thanos Grigoriou, Damos Harharidis, Vasilis Liapis, Marios Papakostas, Mike Maroulis, Fardin Esfandiari, Adam Schindler||Amethyst, The Wait, Point of You|
|May 2015 – Aug 2015||Tour Unseen||UK||Thanos Grigoriou, Vasilis Liapis, Fardin Esfandiari, Adam Schindler||Dream Unseen|
- In Consequence (2010)
- The Wait (2014)
- "Perdition" (single) (2009)
- "Amethyst" (single) (2013)
- "Point of You" (single) (2014)
Musical style, genre and influence
The band takes influence from a variety of artists and musical traditions and they often cite Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Rainbow, Bruce Dickinson, the Beatles, David Bowie, Massive Attack, Loreena McKennitt, Rock and Metal Music, Greek Rebetiko and so on, while the bands they are mostly compared to are: Alice in Chains, Nirvana, The Tea Party, Anathema, Porcupine Tree and more  
On the beginning of 2016 marking five years since their gig in Damascus, they launched a fundraising campaign dedicated to Syrian families who were affected by the political crisis in the country.
- "Phase | Biography & History | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- Friend, Musician's. "Artist Interview: Making Music with iOS Gear | The HUB". The HUB from Musician's Friend. Retrieved 2017-04-03.
- Phase (2015-04-26). "Phase Back on Track #2 ~ Perdition". Phaseship - The Phase Archives. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "Billboard Ucharted week of November 9th 2013", Billboard, retrieved 25 January 2015
- Billboard.com Chart Archive
- Smith, Danyel (ed.). "Social/streaming - Phase". Billboard magazine. 124 (21): 36. ISSN 0006-2510. OCLC 732913734. Retrieved 23 June 2012.
- "Phase - New Songs, Playlists & Latest News - BBC Music". BBC. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "BBC Mixtape: 25 Aug 2014". Fresh On The Net. 2014-08-24. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- Thanos Grigoriou on RockLive Bulgaria, retrieved 29 May 2012
- Duncan Patterson Official Blog, retrieved 8 February 2011
- Rocking Gr, retrieved 29 May 2012[permanent dead link]
- "Alexis Marcou". alexismarcou.com. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "Phase Gigography, Tour History & Past Concerts – Songkick". www.songkick.com. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- I am tuned up
- James Christopher Monger, "Phase's Biography by James Moger", AllMusic, retrieved 15 June 2015
- All about the rock UK Archived 19 April 2013 at Archive.is
- "Οι Phase διοργανώνουν καμπάνια με t-shirt προς όφελος του Syria Relief". Rocking.gr. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "Nevfest 15th May 2016". issuu. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- Phase lineup on Musicbrainz.org
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phase (band).|