Phastos, art by Mark Texeira
|First appearance||Eternals (vol. 2) #1,
|Created by||Peter B. Gillis (writer)
Sal Buscema (artiist)
|Notable aliases||Hephaestus, Vulcan, Phillip Stoss|
|Abilities||Eternal body grant superhuman speed, strength, durability and regeneration
Cosmic energy manipulation
|This section requires expansion. (March 2009)|
Phastos first appeared in Eternals (vol. 2) #1.
The character re-appeared in Eternals (vol. 4) where he is shown living under the name Phillip Stoss before having his real identity revealed to him.
Fictional character biography
Phastos's history is very murky. He is a third or fourth generation Eternal who chose to remain on Earth because of his obsessive search for an unidentified item or person.[volume & issue needed] He continues to serve as the master technologist for the Eternal race, and it was his genius which allowed Virako to return from apparent death.[volume & issue needed] Although he despises war, Phastos chose to follow Ikaris into battle against the minions of Apocalypse.
Powers and abilities
- Phastos' Eternal body is superhumanly fast, strong, tough, and can regenerate.
- Can project "Cosmic Energy" in the form of beams from his eyes and hands.
- Cosmic energy manipulation allows flight, illusion generation, matter transmutation, and teleportation.
- Phastos carries a special hammer capable of firing bolts of an unknown energy.
- Phastos is also a brilliant engineer, technologist and inventor.
- Eternals (vol. 4) #1
- The New Eternals: Apocalypse Now (February 2000)
|This article about a Marvel Comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|