September 12, 1959 |
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
|Genres||Punk rock, avant-garde|
|Associated acts||Can, Jah Wobble, Holger Czukay, Bill Laswell, Mayu|
Phew (born in September 12, 1959) is a Japanese singer working in the areas of experimental music and jazz avant-garde. Since 1980 she has worked with musicians such as Holger Czukay, Jaki Liebezeit, Jah Wobble, Bill Laswell, Anton Fier, Buckethead, Nicky Skopelitis, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Alexander Hacke and Jim O'Rourke. She was founder of punk rock group Aunt Sally before. Phew's CD, Five Finger Discount, is ranked 32nd in The Wire (magazine) top 50 records of 2010.
- Phew. Light Sleep (LP), 2017
- Phew. A New World (CD), 2015
- Phew. Five Finger Discount, (CD), 2010
- Phew. Himitsu no Knife. (CD), 1995
- Phew. Our Likeness. (LP/CD), 1992.
- Phew. Songs. (Maxi-Single), 1991.
- Phew. View. (LP/CD), 1987.
- Phew. Phew (LP/CD), 1981.
- Phew. Finale c/w Urahara. (Single), 1980.
With bands and projects
- Aunt Sally. Aunt Sally. Undo, UNDO-001, 2002.
- Aunt Sally. Live 1978-1979. P-Vine, PCD-5629, 2001.
- Aunt Sally. Aunt Sally. LP. Vanity, vanity 0003-A, 1979; Kojima, 1984.
- Morio Agata. Norimono Zukan. Bridge, BRIDGE-078, 2007.
- Morio Agata. Norimono Zukan. Vanity, 0005, 1980.
- Big Picture. Big Picture. Little More, LMCA-1002, 2001.
- Big Picture. Big Picture. CD-R.
- Blind Light. The Absence of Time. Alida, ALIDA-001, 1994.
- Anton Fier. Dreamspeed/Blind Light 1992-1994. 2-CD set. Tzadik, TZ 7609, 2003.
- Anton Fier. Dreamspeed. Avant, AVAN-009, 1993.
- Most. Most Most. P-Vine, PCD-25010, 2003.
- Most. Most. P-Vine, PCD-5647, 2001.
- Most. 2000.11.26. CD-R. 2001.
- Novo Tono. Live. CD-R. 2001.
- Novo Tono. Panorama Paradise. Alida/Creativeman, CMDD-00038, 1996.
- Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Ensemble. Dreams. Tzadik, TZ 7238, 2002.
- Otomo Yoshihide. Otomo Yoshihide Plays the Music of Takeo Yamashita. P-Vine, PCD-5804, 1999.
- The Unknown Cases, and Phew. Koyasan. Fünfundvierzig, MCD 45122, 2001.
- Phew, and Seiichi Yamamoto. Shiawase no Sumika. Tokuma Japan Communications, TKCH-71454, 1998.
- Pass No Past. 2-CD set. Pass/P-Vine, SSAP-004/5, 2005.
- Improvised Music from Japan. 10-CD set. Improvised Music from Japan, IMJ-10CD, 2001.
- Mottomo Otomo: Unlimited XIII. Trost, TR076, 2000.
- Megabank Presents Tribute to New Wave. Megabank, MB-2.507CD, 1995.
- Rebel Incorporated. 2-LP set, Wax, 17WXL-3001/3002; CD, Wax, 32WXD-101.