Phil Bates (American football)
|No. 86 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:||September 20, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Omaha, Nebraska|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||220 lb (100 kg)|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Phil Bates (born September 20, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Ohio. He was signed by the Seahawks an undrafted free agent in 2012.
Bates played college football at Iowa State University as a quarterback and wide receiver from 2007 to 2008. He then transferred to Ohio University, where he played from 2009 to 2011. He finished his career with 457 passing yards, five passing touchdowns, 738 rushing yards, three rushing touchdowns, 270 receiving yards and one receiving touchdown.
On December 27, 2014, Bates was called up from the Browns practice squad to their active roster for their season finale against the Baltimore Ravens after Josh Gordon was suspended by the team after failing to attend a team walk-through.
He was released by the Browns on May 11, 2015.
- Iowa State QB Bates will transfer
- Why Phil Bates might be Seahawks’ next breakout receiving star
- "Phil Bates". kffl.com. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- "Browns elevate Phil Bates; suspend Josh Gordon". foxsports.com. December 27, 2014. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- "CSU-Pueblo's Paul Browning signs free-agent contract with Cleveland Browns". gazette.com. May 11, 2015. Retrieved May 12, 2015.
- Phillips, Rob. "Cowboys Add 4 Players; 4 Waived, Including Greenberry, Seastrunk". DallasCowboys.com. Dallas Cowboys. Retrieved 22 August 2015.