Phil Davis (Australian footballer)
Davis in June 2017
|Full name||Phil Davis|
|Date of birth||30 August 1990|
|Original team(s)||North Adelaide|
|Draft||10th overall, 2008 AFL Draft
|Height / weight||195 cm / 92 kg|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
|2012–||Greater Western Sydney||94 (5)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Phil Davis (born 30 August 1990) is a professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Greater Western Sydney Giants in the Australian Football League (AFL). He plays mainly as a defender and was drafted by Adelaide with the tenth selection in the 2008 AFL Draft.
Davis missed the end of the 2008 and the beginning of the 2009 seasons due to a shoulder injury. He played for North Adelaide in the South Australian National Football League (SANFL) and was close to selection by Adelaide towards the end of the 2009 season, being named as an emergency numerous times.
Davis made his AFL debut for Adelaide in Round 4, 2010 against Carlton at AAMI Stadium; he had 16 possessions and seven marks. Davis was nominated for the 2010 Rising Star in round 16 for his performance against Cameron Mooney.
In August 2011, Davis became the first player to announce that he would be moving to the new Greater Western Sydney club in 2012. This led to Adelaide football manager Phil Harper saying the club was "bloody disappointed" to lose such a young player who was taken with a high draft pick in the 2008 AFL Draft.
- Vaughan, Roger (29 November 2008). "Crows eyed draft-pick Davis for a year". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 2 June 2010.
- Rucci, Michelangelo (26 August 2009). "Crows may gamble on Davis". The Advertiser. Adelaide: News Limited. Retrieved 2 June 2010.
- "Crows in crisis after Carlton loss". Retrieved 2 June 2010.
- Broad, Ben (20 July 2010). "NAB AFL Rising Star round 16: Phil Davis". AFL.com.au. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- Greater Western Sydney Giants recruit first player from rival club with signing of Adelaide Crows defender Phil Davis
- Crows bloody disappointed – AFL – Sportal Australia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phil Davis.|