|Born||Philip John Diamond
February 18, 1958 
Bude, Cornwall, United Kingdom
|Thesis||MERLIN observations of the circumstellar envelopes around OH/IR stars (1982)|
Philip John Diamond is a Professor in the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester. He was the director of the Jodrell Bank Centre for Astrophysics from 1 October 2006 until 2010. He was the Chief of CSIRO's Astronomy and Space Sciences Division from 1 June 2010 and in October 2012 he left CSIRO to become the Director General of the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) Organisation.
Diamond was educated at the University of Leeds ( Bachelor of Science 1979) and the University of Manchester where he was awarded a PhD in Radio astronomy in 1982 for work on MERLIN and OH/IR stars.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Phil Diamond.|
- "DIAMOND, Dr Philip John". Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014; online edn, Oxford University Press.(subscription required)
- "Dr Phil Diamond". ICRAR. 28 May 2010. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Spie (2014). "Philip Diamond plenary: The Square Kilometre Array: A Physics Machine for the 21st Century". SPIE Newsroom. doi:10.1117/2.3201407.12.
- "New leader for Australia's astronomy and space science research". CSIRO. 31 January 2013. Archived from the original on 18 October 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Diamond, Philip John (1982). MERLIN observations of the circumstellar envelopes around OH/IR stars (PhD thesis). University of Manchester.
- Phil Diamond's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database, a service provided by Elsevier. (subscription required)
- Vlemmings, W. H. T.; Diamond, P. J.; Imai, H. (2006). "A magnetically collimated jet from an evolved star". Nature. 440 (7080): 58–60. arXiv: . Bibcode:2006Natur.440...58V. doi:10.1038/nature04466. PMID 16511488.
- Herrnstein, J. R.; Moran, J. M.; Greenhill, L. J.; Diamond, P. J.; Inoue, M.; Nakai, N.; Miyoshi, M.; Henkel, C.; Riess#, A. (1999). "A geometric distance to the galaxy NGC4258 from orbital motions in a nuclear gas disk". Nature. 400 (6744): 539. arXiv: . Bibcode:1999Natur.400..539H. doi:10.1038/22972.
- Miyoshi, M.; Moran, J.; Herrnstein, J.; Greenhill, L.; Nakai, N.; Diamond, P.; Inoue, M. (1995). "Evidence for a black hole from high rotation velocities in a sub-parsec region of NGC4258". Nature. 373 (6510): 127. Bibcode:1995Natur.373..127M. doi:10.1038/373127a0.
- List of published papers
|This European astronomer-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|