Garthwaite in 2009
|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
from the 49th district
January 3, 2007 – January 3, 2011
|Succeeded by||Travis Tranel|
October 6, 1972 |
|Occupation||farmer, radio broadcaster|
Phil Garthwaite (born October 6, 1972) was a Democratic Party member of the Wisconsin State Assembly, representing the 49th Assembly District from 2006 until his defeat in 2010. He was a member of the Committees on Agriculture, Transportation, Rural Affairs, and Rural Economic Development and the Council on Highway Safety.
Garthwaite attended UW-River Falls. He is a graduate of Continental Auctioneers University in Mankato, MN and Madison Media Institute. He is a former radio director and on-air personality. He is also a farmer manager and member of the National Association of Farm Broadcasting and the National Dairy Shrine.
He was defeated for re-election by Travis Tranel in 2010.
Phil Garthwaite has received his education from the following institutions:
- Graduated, Madison Media Institute, 1999
- Attended, Agricultural Communications, University of Wisconsin, River Falls 1991-1995
- Graduated, Continental Auctioneers University, Mankato, Montana, 1993
Phil Garthwaite has had the following political experience:
- Candidate, Wisconsin Assembly, District 49, 2010
- Assembly Member, Wisconsin State Assembly, 2006–present
Phil Garthwaite has had the following professional experience:
- Farm Manager
- Farm Radio Broadcaster/Director
- "Phil Garthwaite's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Phil Garthwaite official government website
- Phil Garthwaite for State Assembly official campaign website
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money - Phil Garthwaite
- Campaign 2008 campaign contributions at Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
|This article about a Wisconsin politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|