Phil Hall (poet)
He was born in Lindsay, Ontario in 1953, In 1976, Hall started Flat Singles Press, producing broadsides & chapbooks. After university, he lived in Vancouver, where he was a member of the Vancouver Industrial Writers' Union, the Vancouver Men Against Rape Collective, and the Starvation Army Band. In the late 80s he often wrote reviews of poetry and children's literature for Books In Canada, and was the Literary Editor for This Magazine. He also edited (with Andrew Vaisius) a short-lived journal called Don't Quite Yr Day-Job.
Hall has taught writing and literature at York University, Ryerson University, George Brown College, and Seneca College. He has been writer-in-residence at Queen's University, the University of Windsor, the University of Western Ontario, The Sage Hill Writing Experience, the Pierre Berton House, and the Banff Centre for the Arts.
In 2011, Hall won Canada's Governor General's Award for Poetry in English, for his collection, Killdeer, a work the jury called "a masterly modulation of the elegiac through poetic time."  Killdeer also won the 2012 Trillium Book Award, and was shortlisted for the 2012 Canadian Griffin Poetry Prize. That was his second Griffin shortlist nomination: in 2006 his book An Oak Hunch was shortlisted.
- Eighteen Poems (Cyanamid, 1973)
- Homes (Black Moss, 1979)
- A Minor Operation (blewointment, 1983)
- Why I Haven't Written (Brick Books, 1985)
- Old Enemy Juice (Quarry Press, 1988)
- Amanuensis (Brick Books, 1989)
- The Unsaid (Brick Books, 1992) 
- Hearthedral: A Folk-Hermetic (Brick Books, 1996)
- Trouble Sleeping (Brick Books, 2000) (shortlisted for the 2001 Governor General's Award)
- An Oak Hunch (Brick Books, 2005) (shortlisted for the 2006 Canadian Griffin Poetry Prize)
- White Porcupine (BookThug, 2007)
- The Little Seamstress (Pedlar Press, 2010)
- Killdeer (BookThug, 2011) (winner, 2011 Governor General's Award, Poetry; winner, 2012 Trillium Book Award; shortlisted for the 2012 Canadian Griffin Poetry Prize) 
- The Small Nouns Crying Faith (BookThug, 2013)
- "Notes from Gethsemani" (Nomados Press, 2014)
- Guthrie Clothing: The Poetry of Phil Hall (Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 2015)
- Conjugation (BookThug, 2016)
- The Writers' Union of Canada - Phil Hall Archived 2007-10-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Governor General's Literary Awards, 2011 Archived 2011-12-16 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-01-29. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Griffin Prize shortlist". Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Phil Hall - Brick Books Archived 2007-08-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Canada Council for the Arts, Governor General's Literary Awards
- Griffin Poetry Prize biography
- Griffin Poetry Prize reading, including video clip
- Hall's White Porcupine[permanent dead link]
- Hall's Ulterior Thule: Compulsion
- Phil Hall interviews Antero Alli (1999)
- Phil Hall on inspiration, language and the restraints of nationalism
- 12 or 20 questions: interview with Phil Hall
- Phil Hall’s surrural: Ontario gothic, the killdeer, the music of failure and the distraction of shifting ground (poetics.ca)