Phil Hansen (artist)
|Born||1979 (age 36–37)|
|Residence||Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Education||Northwest College of Art|
During high school, Hansen's obsession with pointillism resulted in permanent nerve damage. Out of frustration, Hansen left art and art school, but, after speaking to his neurologist, decided to explore other forms of art, both two- and three-dimensional. Hansen dropped out of college after two terms, and his only formal art education is from high school.
Hansen's breakthrough piece was a time-lapse video of a two-day project called Influence. He painted thirty pictures on his torso, one over the other, each picture representing an influence in his life. After it was completed, he peeled the layer off and cut a silhouette of his own profile. The uploaded video was streamed more than a million times on the Web, with process and final piece clearly revealed.
- "Phil Hansen". mnartists.com. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- "Phil Hansen – Biography". ArtFacts.com. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- Sims, Tony. "Interview With Phil Hansen – Author and Banana Tattoo Artist". Wired.com. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- Hansen, Phil. "Phil Hansen: Embrace the shake". TED. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- Hansen, Phil. "Phil Hansen Art". Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- "People of the Web – Strokes of Genius". Yahoo! News. July 13, 2007. Archived from the original on September 15, 2007.
- Hansen, Phil. "Influence". Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- "Grammy art work". Retrieved 2008-12-02.