Marsh playing for Stalybridge Celtic in 2012
|Full name||Philip Marsh|
|Date of birth||15 November 1986|
|Place of birth||St Helens, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2009–2010||FC United of Manchester||43||(11)|
|2012–2013||Forest Green Rovers||5||(0)|
|2012||→ Hereford United (loan)||7||(1)|
|2013–2014||→ Stalybridge Celtic (loan)||11||(4)|
|2014||→ Barrow (loan)||4||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:06, 9 August 2015 (UTC).
He started his career at Manchester United where he played one game in the League Cup against Crewe Alexandra, before moving down the ladder to join Blackpool. He later moved into non-league football, joining Northwich Victoria in 2008. Later that year he had a short spell with Conference North side Hyde United before leaving after only making five appearances, joining Leigh Genesis where he stayed until March 2009 before being released and subsequently joining FC United of Manchester where he spent a season before moving back to Tameside to join Stalybridge Celtic at the start of the 2010–11 season, finishing his first year at Stalybridge as the club's top goalscorer. In the summer of 2012 Marsh signed for Forest Green Rovers.
Born in St Helens, Lancashire, Marsh started his football career at Manchester United. In October 2006, Marsh made his Manchester United debut when he played in Manchester United's 2–1 away win against Crewe Alexandra in the League Cup. He started up front with Alan Smith in the match and was given the squad number 41. He was substituted for Michael Barnes at half-time. Marsh was released from the club in June 2007. In July, he joined Scottish Premier League club Inverness Caledonian Thistle on trial.
On 5 September 2007, Marsh signed for English Championship side Blackpool after a successful six-week trial. On 7 May 2008, he was released by Blackpool without making a first-team appearance. On 7 July, Marsh had a trial at Bury, scoring in each of the teams pre-season friendlies at Stockport County, Radcliffe Borough and at home to Huddersfield. Marsh was signed on non-contract terms by Conference National side Northwich Victoria in September 2008, making his first appearance in the 90th minute against Torquay United on 7 September 2008. He left Northwich in September 2008, and was signed by Hyde United.
On 22 December 2008, he made his first appearance for Leigh Genesis, scoring one goal in their 3–2 away loss in the Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy second round against Radcliffe Borough. He also made 17 league appearances, scoring five goals, and one appearance in the Northern Challenge Cup, scoring one goal, before joining FC United of Manchester on 19 March 2009, also of the Northern Premier League Premier Division. On 9 July 2010, it was announced that Marsh had left the club.
After his release from FC United of Manchester he joined Conference North side Stalybridge Celtic. He made his debut for the club on 14 August 2010, scoring in a 2–0 win over Redditch United. On 6 November 2010, he scored 4 goals in one match as part of a 5–0 away win over Workington. On 16 November 2010 he netted another two goals in a 4–0 derby win over Droylsden, Marsh capitalising on Droylsden's poor performance. On 21 February 2011, he scored for Stalybridge in their local derby against his former club Hyde. Marsh finished the 2010–11 season as Stalybridge's top goalscorer with 24 goals in all competitions. Marsh started his second season with Stalybridge well, scoring his first hat-trick of the season against Vauxhall Motors in August, meaning Marsh would finish the first month of the season with ten goals already to his name.
Forest Green Rovers and Hereford United
On 10 May 2012, Marsh joined Forest Green Rovers on a free transfer, signing a two-year contract with the Conference National club. He made his debut on 14 August 2012 in an away win against AFC Telford United.
On 31 January 2013, Marsh and Forest Green came to a mutual agreement to terminate his contract early and he left the club.
Guiseley, Stalybridge Celtic and Barrow
Salford City, Ashton United and Cefn Druids
He signed with Northern Premier League Division One North club Salford City in August 2014. He made his club debut in the opening league match of the season on 16 August as Salford beat Scarborough 4–1.
- "Crewe 1–2 Man Utd (aet)". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 25 October 2006. Retrieved 1 August 2007.
- "Inverness set to decide on Marsh". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 20 July 2007. Retrieved 1 August 2007.
- "Seasiders move for Marsh". 5 September 2007. Retrieved 19 April 2008.
- "Retained List Latest". Blackpool FC. 7 May 2008. Retrieved 7 May 2008.
- "Carr returns to Northwich on loan". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 2 September 2008. Retrieved 16 September 2008.
- "Torquay 2–1 Northwich". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 14 September 2008. Retrieved 16 September 2008.
- Simpson, Andrew (29 September 2008). "Maamria moots changes as Vics beat transfer ban". Northwich Guardian. Newsquest Media Group. Retrieved 24 October 2008.
- Simpson, Andrew (19 October 2008). "Triallists make their move". Northwich Guardian. Newsquest Media Group. Retrieved 24 October 2008.
- "Phillip Marsh". Retrieved 2 April 2009.[dead link]
- "Leigh Genesis Fixtures". Retrieved 2 April 2009.[dead link]
- Brennan, Stuart (19 March 2009). "Rebels sign Marsh". Manchester Evening News (MEN Media). Retrieved 20 March 2009.
- "Squad for the pre-season curtain raiser against Sutton Town". 9 July 2010. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- "A great start to the new campaign". stalybridgeceltic.co.uk. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- "Four Goal Marsh sinks Workington". stalybridgeceltic.co.uk. 6 November 2010. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- "Celtic have the answer to Droylsden's jibes...". stalybridgeceltic.co.uk. 16 November 2010. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- Benson, Iain (21 February 2011). "Comfortable Celtic See Off Sorry Tigers". Stalybrige Celtic. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- "Phil Marsh 2010–11 stats". stalybridgeceltic.co.uk. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Celtic motor on". stalybridgeceltic.co.uk. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- "Forest Green Rovers sign Stalybridge striker Phil Marsh". BBC Sport. 10 May 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- "Telford 1–2 Forest Green". BBC Sport. 14 August 2012.
- "Hereford sign Forest Green Rovers striker Phil Marsh on loan". BBC Sport. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Marsh exits Forest Green". Non League Daily. 31 January 2013.
- "Bluebirds secure two new players". Non League Daily. 14 January 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Giblin, Andy. "Four In, One Out as Danny Webber signs for Salford". Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Seddon Strikes Secure Points for Salford". Salford City FC. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Giblin, Andy. September 2014 "Marsh Moves To Ashton United".
- "Phil Marsh signs for Druids". Cefn Druids AFC. 17 December 2014. Retrieved 20 December 2014.