This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
30 August 1963 |
|World Rally Championship record|
|First rally||1990 Lombard RAC Rally|
|First win||2002 Rally GB|
|Last win||2005 Rally GB|
|Last rally||2010 Rally de Portugal|
Mills was born in Trefeglwys, Powys. He has a place in the Welsh Sports Hall of Fame, as the first Welshman to win the Wales Rally. His first rally was in 1983, and his WRC debut in 1994. He joined Solberg in Ford in 1999, later moving with him to the Subaru World Rally Team.
Mills lives with his partner Helen and their children in Powys.
On 11 June 2010 Mills announced his immediate retirement from co-driving to concentrate on his motorsport preparation business.
The 1-2 November, Mills returned to the WRC with Petter Solberg in the 2014 Rallye du Condroz with a Citroen C4 WRC.
- 1984 class win in Wales Road Rally Championship
- 1992 and 1993 Welsh National Champion
- 1993 Team Co-ordinator for Ford at Rally GB
- 1996 2nd in British Championship with Mark Higgins, co-ordinated for M-Sport and Co-drives for Armin Schwarz in Corsica
- 1997 Wins British Rally Championship
- 1998 6th overall in WRC
- 1999 joins Petter Solberg at Ford, 18th in WRC
- 2000 both join Subaru - 10th in WRC
- 2001 10th in WRC
- 2002 2nd in WRC, 1 win (Wales)
- 2003 World Rally Champion, 4 wins (Cyprus, Australia, Corsica, Wales)
- 2004 2nd in WRC, 5 wins (New Zealand, Acropolis, Japan, Wales, Sardinia)
- 2005 2nd in WRC, 3 wins (Sweden, Mexico, Wales)
- 2006 6th in WRC
- 2007 5th in WRC
- 2008 6th in WRC
- 2009 5th in WRC
Between 1988 and 1990 he co-drove in 88 rallies.
- Subaru World Rally Team
- Phil Mills profile Phil Mills profile on wrc.com
- Phil Mills eWRC stats page
- Phil's blog on ScoobyNet Phil Mills blog on ScoobyNet
|This biographical article related to Welsh sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to British rallying is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|