This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Phillip Roger Vischer
June 16, 1966
Muscatine, Iowa, United States
|Occupation||Voice actor, puppeteer, writer, producer, director, songwriter, speaker|
|Known for||VeggieTales |
The Phil Vischer Podcast
Phillip Roger Vischer (born June 16, 1966) is an American animator, puppeteer, writer, voice actor and songwriter who created the computer-animated video series VeggieTales alongside Mike Nawrocki. He provided the voice of Bob the Tomato and about half of the other characters in the series. Currently, he owns a small film business, Jellyfish Labs, based in Wheaton, Illinois.
Early life and education
Phil Vischer was born June 16, 1966 in Muscatine, Iowa, United States, and grew up in Chicago, Illinois. For three semesters, Vischer attended St. Paul Bible College; around that time, he also worked at a small Christian video production company.
After Big Idea was purchased by Classic Media in 2004, Vischer still worked on VeggieTales under a contract as a writer and voice actor until 2017.
Since 2012, Vischer has hosted a weekly podcast discussing life in what he characterizes as a post-Christian America. The podcast, co-hosted by writer and former Christianity Today editor Skye Jethani and actress Christian Taylor, regularly ranks in the top 100 podcasts.
As the co-creator of VeggieTales, alongside Mike Nawrocki, Vischer has voiced hundreds of characters. Among them being; Bob the Tomato, Archibald Asparagus, Pa Grape, Mr. Lunt, Jimmy Gourd, Mr. Nezzer, Philippe Pea and several others.
With JellyTelly he has been the puppeteer, and voice, of several characters as well; Buck Denver, Captain Pete, Helen Rosenfiddle, Sunday School Lady, and others.
He currently lives in Wheaton, Illinois with his wife Lisa and two daughters Sydney and Shelby, and his son, Jeremy.
|1993–2015||VeggieTales||Bob the Tomato, Archibald Asparagus, Mr. Lunt, Pa Grape, Jimmy Gourd, various voices (voice)||Co-creator, director, producer, writer and composer|
|2000-2006||3-2-1 Penguins!||N/A||Co-developer and writer|
|2002||Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie||Archibald Asparagus (as Jonah and Twippo), Bob the Tomato, Mr. Lunt, Pa Grape, various voices (voice)||Director, writer and composer|
|2002||Larryboy: The Cartoon Adventures||Alfred, Bob the Tomato (voice)|
|2008||The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie||George, Sedgewick, Willory, various voices (voice)||Writer and composer|
|2010–2014||What's in the Bible?||Himself, Buck Denver, Clive & Ian, Sunday School Lady, Cap'n Pete, various voices (voice)||Creator, director, producer, writer and composer|
|2012–present||The Phil Vischer Podcast||Himself/Host|
|2014–2016||VeggieTales in the House||Bob the Tomato, Archibald Asparagus, Pa Grape, Jimmy Gourd, Mr. Lunt, various voices (voice)|
|2015||Galaxy Buck: Mission to Sector 9||Buck Denver, Clive & Ian, Sunday School Lady, Marcy, Pastor Paul, Cap'n Pete, Aliens, Old Man(Voices)||Director, producer and writer|
|2017||VeggieTales in the City||Bob the Tomato, Archibald Asparagus, Pa Grape, Jimmy Gourd, Mr. Lunt, various voices (voice)|
Books by Vischer include the following:
- Junior's Colors (1997) ISBN 0-8499-1487-6
- How Many Veggies? (1997) ISBN 0-8499-1488-4
- Pa Grape's Shapes (1997) ISBN 0-8499-1507-4
- Bob & Larry's ABC's (1997) ISBN 0-8499-5986-1
- The Story of Flibber-o-Loo (1997)
- Rack, Shack and Benny (1997)
- Dave and the Giant Pickle (1997)
- Larry-Boy! And the Fib from Outer Space! (1997)
- Archibald's Opposites (1998) ISBN 0-8499-1533-3
- Time for Tom (1998) ISBN 0-8499-1534-1
- A Snoodle's Tale (2004) ISBN 0-310-70751-X
- Sidney & Norman: A Tale of Two Pigs (2005) ISBN 1-4003-0834-8
- Me, Myself, & Bob (2005) ISBN 0-7852-2207-3
- 47 Beavers On the Big Blue Sea (2007) ISBN 1-4003-0836-4
- Why Do We Call it Christmas? (2014)
- What is Easter? (2015)
- "Phil Vischer". Behind The Voice Actors. June 16, 1966. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Vischer, Phil (2006). Me, Myself, and Bob: A True Story About Dreams, God, and Talking Vegetables. Thomas Nelson.
- "The Phil Vischer Podcast". Philvischer.com. Retrieved 2015-12-09.
- "Stats for The Phil Vischer Podcast on podbay". Podbay.fm. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Phil Vischer|