|Tōkyō Kaijō Hōrudingsusu kabushiki gaisha|
|Traded as||TYO: 8766|
TOPIX Core 30 Component
|Headquarters||Marunouchi, Tokyo, Japan|
|Shuzo Sumi (Chairman of the Board)|
Tsuyoshi 'Nick' Nagano(President & Group CEO)
|Revenue||JP¥ 4,579,076 million (FY 2015)|
|JP¥ 254,540 million (FY 2015)|
Number of employees
|Parent||TMTBJ investment trusts (5.4%)|
Meiji Yasuda Life (2.1%)
Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc., is a multinational insurance holding company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It is the largest property/casualty insurance group in Japan in terms of revenue and is the parent company for the Tokio Marine Group which employs 39,000 people in 38 countries worldwide.
Main business of Tokio Marine are Management of non-life insurance companies, life insurance companies,specialized securities companies, foreign companies engaged in insurance businesses and any other company which is or may become a subsidiary of the Company in accordance with the provisions of the Insurance Business Law of Japan, and any other business pertaining to the foregoing item.
Founded in 1879 as Tokio Marine Insurance, it is the oldest insurance company in Japan. Millea Holdings was established in 2002 to become the parent company to Tokio Marine Insurance and Nichido Fire Insurance in preparation for their merger, before being renamed Tokio Marine Holdings in 2008.
Tokio Marine acquired the Philadelphia Insurance Companies for $4.7 billion in 2008, and acquired the Delphi Financial Group for $2.66 billion in 2012. In June 2015, Tokio Marine announced it would be acquiring HCC Insurance Holdings for $7.5 billion. Tokio Marine forecast that 46% of its profits would come from outside Japan following the HCC acquisition.
From June 2019, President and Group CEO is Satoru Komiya.
Domestic Non-Life Insurance Business
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co.
- Nisshin Fire & Marine Co.
- E.design Insurance
- Tokio Marine Millea SAST
Domestic Life Insurance Business
International Insurance Business
- Tokio Marine HCC
- Tokio Marine Technologies
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Tokio Marine Asia - Regional HQ for Asia Pacific
- Tokio Marine Kiln Group
- Delphi Financial Group
- Tokio Marine America
- Safety National
Other Non-Insurance Businesses
- Tokio Marine Asset Management
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Career Service Co.
- Millea Real-Estate-Risk Management
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Facilities
- Millea Mondial
- Tokio Marine Nichido Samuel
- 東京海上ホールディングス株式会社 Tōkyō Kaijō Hōrudingusu Kabushiki gaisha, TYO: 8766
- Fukase, Atsuko (10 June 2015). "Tokio Marine to Buy HCC Insurance for $7.5 Billion". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Taiga Uranaka (10 June 2015). "Tokio Marine to buy HCC Insurance for $7.5 billion". Reuters. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tokio Marine Holdings.|
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|