Philadelphia Municipal Airport
|Philadelphia Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Philadelphia|
|Elevation AMSL||458 ft / 140 m|
Philadelphia Municipal Airport (ICAO: KMPE, FAA LID: MPE) is a public use airport in Neshoba County, Mississippi, United States. It is owned by the City of Philadelphia and located two nautical miles (4 km) northwest of its central business district. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned MPE by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned MPE to Griswold Airport in Madison, Connecticut).
Facilities and aircraft
Philadelphia Municipal Airport covers an area of 60 acres (24 ha) at an elevation of 458 feet (140 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,001 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending March 20, 2012, the airport had 13,300 aircraft operations, an average of 36 per day: 98.5% general aviation and 1.5% military. At that time there were 8 aircraft based at this airport: 75% single-engine, 12.5% multi-engine, and 12.5% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MPE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Philadelphia Municipal Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KMPE, FAA: MPE)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved September 19, 2010.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (MPE – City: Madison, Airport: Griswold)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- Aerial image as of March 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MPE, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: