Philadelphia University (Jordan)
|Motto||الطريق إلى المستقبل|
Motto in English
|The Way To The Future|
|President||Prof. Marwan Kamal|
Philadelphia Private University was established in 1989 as a national higher educational institution. The university is located 20 km to the north of Amman, on the road to Jerash. Philadelphia University has eight faculties and a student body of more than six thousand students. Its academic staff consists of over 300 faculty members, who hold degrees from a wide range of distinguished universities.
- 1 Name and Significance
- 2 Educational System for Undergraduate Studies
- 3 Ranking
- 4 Faculties and Departments
- 5 External links
- 6 References
Name and Significance
The name "Philadelphia" is derived from the cultural heritage of Jordan. It is the former name of Amman, given to it by Ptolemaeus Philadelphus in the year 285 B.C. This phase of the history of Jordan is captured in the Hellenistic columns in the university's logo. The flag places the logo on a white background.
Educational System for Undergraduate Studies
PU follows the credit-hour system. The academic year consists of two regular semesters, and an optional summer session: The Fall Semester: Early October to mid-January. The Spring Semester: Early February to early June. The Summer Session: Late June to late August. Medium of Instruction: English and Arabic. Philadelphia University awards B.A and B.Sc. degrees in eight different faculties. The normal academic load for students Ranges between 12 and 18 credit hours per semester.
The University is ranked 1,994 worldwide, and 31 in the Arab world, and 4 on the level of all Jordanian universities and the first in the Jordanian private universities. According to the Webometrics Rating.
Faculties and Departments
Philadelphia University is currently organized in 8 faculties:
- Information Technology
- Administrative & Financial Sciences
Faculty of Engineering
The Faculty of Engineering was found out from the beginning of establishing the university. It contains 24 laboratories provided with the latest devices and technology.
The Faculty of Engineering is divided into five departments:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Faculty of Arts
- Arabic Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Psychological Counseling
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Development Studies
Faculty of Administrative and Financial Sciences
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Hotels and Tourism Management
- Hospital Management
- Business Systems and Networking Management
Faculty of Information Technology
Faculty of Pharmacy
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Nursing
Faculty of Law
- Philadelphia University - The Official website of the university.
- Flags of The World Website
- University Portal
- University, Philadelphia. "Philadelphia University Jordan - Name and Significance". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- University, Philadelphia. "Philadelphia University Jordan - Educational System for Undergraduate Studies". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "World - Ranking Web of Universities". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Arab World - Ranking Web of Universities". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Jordan - Ranking Web of Universities". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- University, Philadelphia. "Philadelphia University Jordan - Faculties at Philadelphia University". Retrieved 24 November 2016.