Its site is located near Tahta Limanı (on Eğribük bay) in Asiatic Turkey. Although there are very few ruins, an underwater survey reveals that most of the ruins are submerged in the water. There is also a necropolis. Judging from the grave types it is believed that Philaea was a Roman town.
- Stadiasmus Maris Magni, §§ 183, 184.
- Richard Talbert, ed. (2000). Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World. Princeton University Press. p. 66, and directory notes accompanying.
- Lund University. Digital Atlas of the Roman Empire.
- Mersin Ören yerleri,Kaleleri, Müzeleri ISBN 978-605-4196-07-4 p.252 (in Turkish)
- Archaeology blog (in Turkish)